Game Thread 2/27/2008

daa84

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
Yes, they do. Danny Richar. He's graduated from every minor league level, he's earned his way up to the big leagues despite starting off very raw in the D-Backs organization, the team traded one of their better prospects to get him...he deserves a decent chance to learn the big league game before someone else is automatically given the job. And Hell, in only his 2nd full month he pushed his OPS up to .760.

Right, but right now Richar is in Ozzie's doghouse because of the visa problems. With those 2 weeks he just lost, he will really have to play his ass off in ST (im talking around .350 BA) to take the job away from Uribe. The best we can hope for is Sexi Lexi coming through and showing off how "scrappy" he can be, and then making it over Uribe.

I propose we trade Crede, Uribe, and Dye to some team that can eat those salaries, and re-tool the minor leagues. But of course things like that never quite work out.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)
No offense to Uribe, but I want no part of him on this team this season.

Ship him off to B-More puh-lease.

Unfortunately with what has happened to Richar, I get the feeling, Uribe is the favorite to start at 2nd right now.

Another season of a sub .300 OBP with a .220-.230 AVG and over 100 K's. YIPPEE!!

Or San Fran...Vizquel had knee surgery and will be out for 6 weeks or so.

Omar Vizquel will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. The slick-fielding shortstop is expected to miss four to five weeks, according to the AP. Manager Bruce Bochy said he plans on using Kevin Frandsen at shortstop while the 40-year-old is out. The Giants' first game is a little less than five weeks away, so Vizquel will almost surely begin the year on the DL. Frandsen is a worthy NL-only selection.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Or San Fran...Vizquel had knee surgery and will be out for 6 weeks or so.

Omar Vizquel will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. The slick-fielding shortstop is expected to miss four to five weeks, according to the AP. Manager Bruce Bochy said he plans on using Kevin Frandsen at shortstop while the 40-year-old is out. The Giants' first game is a little less than five weeks away, so Vizquel will almost surely begin the year on the DL. Frandsen is a worthy NL-only selection.

Crede + Uribe for Something? (Rowand? :stick )

Crede + Uribe for Sanchez and prospects I would do.

Uribe just hasn't improved offensively since he's been here, in fact he's probably gone downhill defensively in each season.

Even though it's a contract year for him, and he should be motivated to do well, I don't see that happening.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
But the players coming back in those deals certainly won't be enough to "re-tool" the minor leagues. At this point in time, Crede and Uribe are "spare parts" and Dye isn't very far off. He is a bad RF, and would make a above average DH. He just isn't going to bring back that much in any deal. He has much more value to the Sox than he does to anyone else at this point.

Unfortunately Tony, it wouldn't take much to re-tool our minors. Fill them with 2-3 B prospects in return from a trade of those 3, and we significantly upgrade our farm.

Why give up both Uribe and Crede? Uribe maybe, but not both of them. I would think it would really matter as to how long Vizquel is out. Uribe would seem to fit the Giants needs more than Crede and if Vizquel returns Uribe could play 3B for the Giants

Well I'd do it because it's saves 9.5M in payroll, for basically 2 players who to me are not going to be everyday players for this team.

These 2 can be used to help rebuild the system, and then that money could be used to acquire an impact player (Brian Roberts for example), or you can put that money towards Latin America and the draft.

Crede's more likely to put up better offensive numbers than Uribe I'd say (although that's certainly debatable). And he'll give you better defense at 3rd base.

Uribe had a very subpar year defensively in 2007. That was actually one of the reasons why KW went out and got Orlando Cabrera.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
Why give up both Uribe and Crede? Uribe maybe, but not both of them. I would think it would really matter as to how long Vizquel is out. Uribe would seem to fit the Giants needs more than Crede and if Vizquel returns Uribe could play 3B for the Giants

Because any way the Sox could find an excuse to move both Crede and Uribe, and therefore free up $9 million in salary this year, and more importantly guarantee playing time to the young guys who should be the ones getting that playing time anyway...the better the team will be.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER! haha

Oh how it's been awhile since I've typed those words. I'll probably have a lot of practice this season, though.

Seriously, is that necessary?

Schadenfreude against your own team just seems so extremely depressing.