Game Thread 2/27/2008

daa84

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
i didn't realize that Sisco had football and baseball scholarship offers from the likes of Cal, Stanford and USC.

Damn!

looks like he made an error in judgment.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 05:35 PM)
I had to laugh when I saw Uribe popped up on pitch 1 of his 1st AB.

Sounds as if BA has had a good game though.

IIRC, the PBP guy for mlb.tv even said "what a surprise" when he popped up on the 1st pitch.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
IIRC, the PBP guy for mlb.tv even said "what a surprise" when he popped up on the 1st pitch.

No offense to Uribe, but I want no part of him on this team this season.

Ship him off to B-More puh-lease.

Unfortunately with what has happened to Richar, I get the feeling, Uribe is the favorite to start at 2nd right now.

Another season of a sub .300 OBP with a .220-.230 AVG and over 100 K's. YIPPEE!!

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)
No offense to Uribe, but I want no part of him on this team this season.

Ship him off to B-More puh-lease.

Unfortunately with what has happened to Richar, I get the feeling, Uribe is the favorite to start at 2nd right now.

Another season of a sub .300 OBP with a .220-.230 AVG and over 100 K's. YIPPEE!!

Eh. He's a career .254 hitter who will probably hit around 20 bombs and drive in 60-70 if he gets regular playing time. He also plays pretty good defense - at least at SS he did, 2B who knows how he'll be since I don't think he's ever played 2B with the Sox. He's very streaky and can get in a zone and carry a team for a week - then, he'll tank it for 3 weeks where he'll bat .115 and strike out 37 times.

What else can you say? It's unfortunate the Sox don't have any better options, but it appears they don't.

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
Eh. He's a career .254 hitter who will probably hit around 20 bombs and drive in 60-70 if he gets regular playing time. He also plays pretty good defense - at least at SS he did, 2B who knows how he'll be since I don't think he's ever played 2B with the Sox. He's very streaky and can get in a zone and carry a team for a week - then, he'll tank it for 3 weeks where he'll bat .115 and strike out 37 times.

What else can you say? It's unfortunate the Sox don't have any better options, but it appears they don't.

Yes, they do. Danny Richar. He's graduated from every minor league level, he's earned his way up to the big leagues despite starting off very raw in the D-Backs organization, the team traded one of their better prospects to get him...he deserves a decent chance to learn the big league game before someone else is automatically given the job. And Hell, in only his 2nd full month he pushed his OPS up to .760.