A's vs. Sox 3/14

Here's hoping for another strong outing by Jose. Toby Hall making his spring debut. I actually liked what I saw from Armstrong.

Still no JO...

Ramirez 2b

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Kong 1B

Swisher CF

Dye RF

Fields 3B

Quentin LF

Hall C

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
Here's hoping for another strong outing by Jose. Toby Hall making his spring debut. I actually liked what I saw from Armstrong.

Still no JO...

Ramirez 2b

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Kong 1B

Swisher CF

Dye RF

Quentin LF

Hall C

Great another speedster with a bad groin. That works out well.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)

Still no JO...

Ramirez 2b

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Kong 1B

Swisher CF

Dye RF

Quentin LF

Hall C

No third baseman? Or maybe Fields and Crede will both be out there, with a leg tied together. :lolhitting

I am glad to see that Ramirez is getting such a long look.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
No third baseman? Or maybe Fields and Crede will both be out there, with a leg tied together. :lolhitting

I am glad to see that Ramirez is getting such a long look.

This just in, the Sox will indeed be playing with a third baseman today! :bang

QUOTE(Pants Rowland @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
Sox down 2-0 after 1/2 inning of play. Looks like a two out walk followed by a HR did the damage.

Contreras is just keeping with past precedence by giving up 2 runs in the 1st. It seems that previous years always saw Sox picthers, but the County in particular, getting knocked around in the 1st frame.

QUOTE(Pants Rowland @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
Sox down 2-0 after 1/2 inning of play. Looks like a two out walk followed by a HR did the damage.

No homer. It was a bloop hit to right with a man on 2nd and 3rd that drove them in. Barton had the bloop hit.

There was 2 outs at the time.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
A lot of people are worried about Floyd and Danks. I really think the guy we should be worried about is Jose. If he starts getting hit around like a pinata this year, who would replace him in the rotation and how much of a massacre would it take?

I think that just about everyone has said that he is the key to the rotation this year.

Harden should be traded before the season starts. No reason for the A's to have any premier pitchers left, if they won't compete.

I would think that with two weeks left to go our pitchers would be looking better than they are. Too many walks and hits before they get out of an inning and finally it bites them.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
A lot of people are worried about Floyd and Danks. I really think the guy we should be worried about is Jose. If he starts getting hit around like a pinata this year, who would replace him in the rotation and how much of a massacre would it take?

combination of haeger/broadway/masset i'd assume, but you could kiss the season goodbye at that point, jose has to pitch well this year, it's really that simple, we have to have a chance against other teams #4 pitchers and it isn't asking jose much to compete against those types of pitchers

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
I think that just about everyone has said that he is the key to the rotation this year.

Not sure who "everyone" is, but I actually think the talk about Jose has been more to assume that he can't possibly be as bad as last year. I am not sure we want to challenge Jose like that after he got knocked around by a Triple A's team today.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Harden should be traded before the season starts. No reason for the A's to have any premier pitchers left, if they won't compete.

I would think that with two weeks left to go our pitchers would be looking better than they are. Too many walks and hits before they get out of an inning and finally it bites them.

I for one actually think that if the A's can get a few healthy months of Hardin doing what he's actually supposed to do, they'll jump at the chance to move him before he gets hurt again.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
count knocked around, Thornton dinged up, lineup anemic.

not good, sox fans, not good.

Contreras' spring ERA is now the same as Floyd's and 0.25 higher than Vazquez who was going to be the opening day starter. I think its way too early to panic about him.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 14, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
Contreras' spring ERA is now the same as Floyd's and 0.25 higher than Vazquez who was going to be the opening day starter. I think its way too early to panic about him.

given the differences in their performances for the last year, i tend to give Javy some slack. Floyd and Count, not so much.