West Region

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I look at it, the more I just can't see Duke not playing UCLA in the Elite 8. Duke has an easy road, unless Xavier plays a really good game or Arizona completely wakes up and kicks ass (as Arizona is full capable of doing such, but I don't even know if they make it out of the 1st round).

Weakest region! UCONN can be dangerous. Duke should have been a 3, and we will see about Xavier. I think Duke was the lowest 2 seed and they could not be put in the east with 1 seed UNC both out of the ACC, so UCLA got a them. I think louisville is a better 3 then Xavier though and I can't figure out that one.

The West does appear to be a bit weak, but UCLA had better not sleep on UCONN if they see them. The Huskies match up real well with them.

Love vs Thabeet/Adrien inside will be no easy task for him

Stanley Robinson vs. Mbah a Moute is a great battle of athletes

Price/Austrie/Dyson vs Collison/Shipp at guard is also a matchup of quick, smart, athletic and talented guards

UCLA has an advantage in talent and consistency but IMO UCONN will be UCLA's biggest roadblock to the Final 4, especially if they decide to play for all 40 minutes. (As much as i want to see the Huskies go, i just cant see them winning, but it would be a great game IMO)

I could also see Drake giving UCLA a shot if they saw them too. But the bottom half of Arizona, Duke, Xavier wont pose any serious to threat to the Bruins in my opinion