This Thread Is Sponsored By Prince Fielder and Gardenburger

knightni

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
The fact that Ramireez is getting a ton of time all of a sudden in CF scares the crap out of me. I am thinking there is a platoon of Owens and Ramirezin CF in the works and the thought of Ramirez leading off makes sense as it would be stupid.

Even as one of Anderson's backers, I wouldn't mind at all seeing Alexei take some games in CF while Owens is out just to get him some AB's.

I just hope Ozzie does make an effort to spread these games around and doesn't just pencil in Uribe, Crede, Cabrera, Dye, Konerko, and Thome in the same spot 19/20 games.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
Where is the ridicule on Sheets for giving up a grand slam to Omar Infante.

Sorry I think Floyd will be average this year with his ups and downs.

Spring Stats only matter for our guys. No one cares that Ben Sheets has an 8.31 ERA this spring, all that matters is Floyd sucks.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Where is the ridicule on Sheets for giving up a grand slam to Omar Infante.

Sorry I think Floyd will be average this year with his ups and downs.

I am not ridiculing Floyd. He gives up a lot of homers. That's a fact. I do think he has potential to be a pretty slid pitche for us though. Bert Blyleven gave up alot of homers too.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
Kudos to Kenny on the Ramirez signing. This guy is exciting, even if he hasn't played a game in the bigs.

Kid looks pretty good that's for sure. A bit rough, but when he gets more polish look out I am thinking.

QUOTE(spawn @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
What the hell is going on over there today? Wind blowing out?

That was the same question I was going to ask. I see Floyd with six K's but 8 hits allowed. Not a good game for either Gavin or Ben Sheets from what I can tell.