Final Four Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 12:48 AM)
WOW tears of joy and I LOVE MY SELF!!!!!
Congrats on a great win and a well deserved national championship. ROCK, CHALK, JAYHAWK the best in the land. I didn't have a real rooting interest even though I had Kansas in my money pool, I was out of the money anyway without UCLA making it to the game against them, so I was hopeing for a good game and I got that.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK. Sitting at my desk here on this drury Tuesday, it still has not quite sunk in yet. Not regulated to the bridesmaid role anymore, Kansas is National CHAMPIONS! Long Live SUPER MARIO!!!

An UNBELIEVABLE and very emotional day of sports for me, that I will never forget.

DAMNIT I spoke too soon. I didn't win I finished 4th. I didn't know how they did the bracket points wise until today. Instead of doubling the points like most brackets do, or something similar to that, my work company did it like this. 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. The winner got 97 points, second and third tied with 96 points and I got 95. Only the top 3 win so going 1 for 4 in those 8/9 mathups screwed me over. But if they did it like a normal bracket I would've finished 2nd since one of the 2nd place winners also had Kansas winning. 2005 and 2006 I finished in 5th, this year 4th.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
DAMNIT I spoke too soon. I didn't win I finished 4th. I didn't know how they did the bracket points wise until today. Instead of doubling the points like most brackets do, or something similar to that, my work company did it like this. 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. The winner got 97 points, second and third tied with 96 points and I got 95. Only the top 3 win so going 1 for 4 in those 8/9 mathups screwed me over. But if they did it like a normal bracket I would've finished 2nd since one of the 2nd place winners also had Kansas winning. 2005 and 2006 I finished in 5th, this year 4th.

Purely doubling the points and having the winner worth 32 pts is stupid.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
Purely doubling the points and having the winner worth 32 pts is stupid.

If you think it's stupid that's your choice. But that was how they did it the past 2 years and I didn't know they changed it to 1,2,4,6,8,10.