Contreras vs. Robertson (BORING!)

TitoMB345

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:23 PM)
Single from JD and Paulie stops with a trot to 3rd.....why did Ozzie not use Ozuna as pinch runner for Kong here??? And then use Swisher at 1B and Anderson at CF

Maybe because AJ is hitting the s*** out of the ball?

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
OC won the gold glove at SS last year.

Uribe did not.

And although it's not totally defensive based...Uribe's arm is what makes him good on Defense, not his actual defense...except for 05. :P

Derek Jeter also has multiple Gold Gloves and he is nowhere near as good as either of them.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
Maybe because AJ is hitting the s*** out of the ball?

True; but I think after the 7th inning in a close game, if Paulie is on 2nd, I would feel better with a pinch runner like Ozuna...and then have Swish move to 1B and Anderson replace Ozuna to go to CF....we get better base path speed to score if someone gets a hit and we get better D in CF....win win

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
Derek Jeter also has multiple Gold Gloves and he is nowhere near as good as either of them.

I'll disagree with you there. I think Jeter is a hell of a player. :P

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)

Good point. Orlando is very good. Juan is just superior. The only thing I think Orlando has better than Juan is that he doesn't do as many crazy things. Single by Quentin. Nice rally here.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
True; but I think after the 7th inning in a close game, if Paulie is on 2nd, I would feel better with a pinch runner like Ozuna...and then have Swish move to 1B and Anderson replace Ozuna to go to CF....we get better base path speed to score if someone gets a hit and we get better D in CF....win win

And hall in to catch?

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)

You even trying to compare Uribe to Jeter in *any* way = FAIL.