Buehrle (0-0) vs. Verlander (0-0)- KEEP IT UP!!

TitoMB345

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
it's sad that i even run it past my mind that AJ might hate him for some reason and not catch it on purpose. i'm aware that's pretty pathetic of me but hey it's AJ.

This ump's been doing a pretty good job. If there was any game AJ would do that intentionally it'd be that first Indians game.

And yes, AJ would totally do it too.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)
Still plenty of baseball to play, but this is just an awesome game. Crede made two errors but aside from that its been a thing of beauty to watch. Uribe has been stellar at 2B and that was a nice flip by OC on the double play. Solid baserunning by the Sox tonight too.

Lets keep it up and close this thing out over the next two innings. I also think now would be a good time to pull JD and play BA.

i am starting to like uribe at 2b

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
Man, I hope Crede keeps proving me wrong, its great to see. And Quentin in the lineup really makes it 100 percent more dangerous.

Crede made those poor throws but he really looks healthy and he's a pretty solid offensive player (won't have a great OPS or a great OBP, but he will hit for power and knock in runs down in the order all while saving a boatload of runs).

And I love Quentin, he really has a tremendous approach up there.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
It's 9-2. I know you put your best defensive team in the game late, but if they blow a 9-2 lead, they had a bigger problem then Ram being in the field. He should be hitting here for Juan, and Anderson should be hitting for Swisher.

Why pull Uribe though, who just had an off day? I just don't think you'll see much of Ramirez (its also why he'll be down in the minors soon enough and he should still learn just from being on the major league bench).

QUOTE(IndySoxFan @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
i am starting to like uribe at 2b

Anyone that will ever tell me that Richar, Ramirez or anyone else is better at 2B than Uribe (defensively) is nuts. He was a stud at SS defensively and moving him over to 2B will instantly make him a premiere defensive 2B (he also has the best arm of any 2B in baseball and its not even close).

I can say that because Furcal was the only SS who had a better arm than he had.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
Anyone that will ever tell me that Richar, Ramirez or anyone else is better at 2B than Uribe (defensively) is nuts. He was a stud at SS defensively and moving him over to 2B will instantly make him a premiere defensive 2B (he also has the best arm of any 2B in baseball and its not even close).

I can say that because Furcal was the only SS who had a better arm than he had.

Totally agree

Swing looks a s***load better. Man is that a better looking swing. He still looks a tad long but this appears to be a workable major league swing (especially with the tools he has....speed, power ability, defense, etc). That said, there really isn't anything wrong with him spending some time in AAA further honing the swing and his approach.

Robbed by Cabrera.

QUOTE(Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
Yo Jason, change that sig my friend. I don't want to be reminded of 2007.

What does it even say? I have sigs/images off (cause I ocassionally visit the site at work and don't want it to be too obvious with people seeing pictures all over the place).

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
I guess thats my issue all together. If he is going to be up here, get him AB's. If not, send him down.

I agree he needs to be in AAA right now, and thought that all of ST. However, they have put him on the 25 man. If that is the choice they made, then give him AB's.

Personally I'm hoping they just had a few more things to work with him on and are going to send him down shortly. I would actually like Ramirez/BA down in the minors with Bourgouis and Owens up (only if Owens is a backup/pinch runner).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
Swing looks a s***load better. Man is that a better looking swing. He still looks a tad long but this appears to be a workable major league swing (especially with the tools he has....speed, power ability, defense, etc). That said, there really isn't anything wrong with him spending some time in AAA further honing the swing and his approach.

Robbed by Cabrera.

Yeah... that was a couple inches from being a double down the left field line. Good AB from Anderson, even with a 2-strike count (where he used to panic) if they all look like that the hits will come.