Konerko needs to be benched/traded

YonderLaroche

Yet again this guy is off to a slow start and is killing this team. Everytime Konerko bats with runners on it seems like a double play is about to happen or he's gonna strike out. I believe signing this guy long term was one of kw worst moves, as finding a 1b is pretty easy and its very easy to find one that hits over .170 for the first three months of the season while he gets his head out of his ass. This guy don't help the team with the bat and he never stepped up last year when the team sucked as the "team leader". Thank god kw got swish and cabrera, atleast these guys care about winning and have intensity unlike the minivan driving Konerko.

Thome is also off to a slow start but he normally don't stay in a slump for months like Konerko. Hell, this team could call up Josh Fields and Jerry Owens and I gurantee they would produce more than these two guys. owens, cabrera, swisher, thome/fields, dye, quinton, aj, crede, alexai/ozuna/uribe now thats a good lineup. The top 3 have good speed, and it eliminates the logjam of slow, powerhitters that strikeout too much at 3-4-5-6 (konerko, thome, dye, aj).

That's just my opinion. I think these team has a good chance of staying in the playoff chase this year and there "top hitter, team captain" just plain sucks again this year. The pitching and defense has been great this year, but this teams gotta hit too win. Its inexcusable for half this team hover around .200 again, and if that happens, this team will be a sub .500 team again.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a number of guys off to slow starts. Last week on WGN the ole Hawkaroo was saying how Greg Walker was really satified with how the betters are performing this (early) season. Hum! We are like the second or third lowest in team BA and he's bragging? The pitching has been excellent, but we could use some spark from our big bats.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
BTW, I guarantee that Swisher ends up with more strike outs and GIDP than Konerko this season.

If Juan Uribe is hitting 9th, Konerko is hitting 4th, Swisher is hitting 1st, and Thome is hitting 3rd, you're simply going to be wrong on the GIDP, because Swisher will almost never have anyone on base for him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
If Juan Uribe is hitting 9th, Konerko is hitting 4th, Swisher is hitting 1st, and Thome is hitting 3rd, you're simply going to be wrong on the GIDP, because Swisher will almost never have anyone on base for him.

Swisher's hit into 3 in the last 5 games. Just wait until Uribe gets hot.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
Word on the street is KW is trying to take the sox to the next level and trying bring back Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar but they're bartering for multiyear deals..

Your kind of a strange character arent you. :ph34r:

i don't know if he should be traded, but he at least deserves to get his ass kicked or something. What the LKFDJ is with his horrible at bats. I think ozzie should throw him under the bus if he doesn't produce soon, see how he reacts to that. Also maybe if he just left his batting gloves alone and not readjust them a thousand times every at bat he could save his strengh. I love you pauly.

Hate to use a cliche expression, but it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Anyone recall in 2005 in August and early September, practically the whole team, including Konerko, were playing like crap. We almost yielded the division to the Indians and everyone got hot in the last week and then we put on a pitching clinic for the playoff ages. Konerko isn't off to a great start, but I sure as hell wouldn't trade him away. We all know what he can do once he gets going.