Josh Fields on the D.L.

rokimar

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
Damnit. If Kenny was at all looking to trade Crede, he might be holding off now. I still think we need to trade Crede somewhere. I cant imagine his value being any higher than it is now. The longer we wait, the closer to a FA he becomes and less interest.

There aren't many -- if any -- teams in need of a 3B right now. Hell after going 3-4 w/ HR and 4 RBI last night Blake Dewitt now has an .886 OPS as the Dodgers starting 3B and he's just as good if not better than Crede defensively.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
So it took all of 28 career games for you to deem DeWitt as good or better defensively than Joe Crede? Are you talking just for this season? You have to come with a little more when making a crazy claim like that.

The way Crede has been been playing at 3B this year.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 8, 2008 -> 02:10 AM)
Damnit. If Kenny was at all looking to trade Crede, he might be holding off now. I still think we need to trade Crede somewhere. I cant imagine his value being any higher than it is now. The longer we wait, the closer to a FA he becomes and less interest.

I think he may have been looking to trade Fields :lolhitting

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2008 -> 05:42 AM)
So it took all of 28 career games for you to deem DeWitt as good or better defensively than Joe Crede? Are you talking just for this season? You have to come with a little more when making a crazy claim like that.

Crede is one of the best defensively in the game. You hear that even from the prejudiced ESPN announcers.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 10, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
Crede is one of the best defensively in the game. You hear that even from the prejudiced ESPN announcers.

Yeah but they don't see Crede on a day to day basis. From everything I've seen and read about Crede's defense, it's terribly mediocre this season, and you saying otherwise won't change my mind.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 10, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Yeah but they don't see Crede on a day to day basis. From everything I've seen and read about Crede's defense, it's terribly mediocre this season, and you saying otherwise won't change my mind.

Actually, Crede's fielding has been outstanding this season. He's made some very nice plays and looks to be completely healthy He has looked bad on some of his throws however, as it appeared that he was dropping down and throwing sidearm instead of over the top. I think (hope) that was more of a mental thing and I chalk it up to rust. He hasn't been doing that lately.

Joe's defense is fine.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man