5/12 White Sox (18-18) vs LA Angels (22-17)

Kyyle23

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
Fitting way to lose. Maybe Ozzie will say something stupid and get fired?

Are you really a Sox fan? Sometimes I wonder.

I really want to see Dye batting 3rd right about now.

Juan must have smoked some So Cal green before the game.. I haven't seen that many fumbles since Rashaan Salaam.. Offense definitely didn't lose this one.. nice to see 7 on the board, regardless of the defense/pitching blowing this one.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:53 AM)
Are you really a Sox fan? Sometimes I wonder.

I really want to see Dye batting 3rd right about now.

I'm absolutely a Sox fan, and I think Ozzie's time with the organization should be done. There's very little energy displayed by the team, even though they supposedly brought in more spark to the clubhouse. Besides that, his decisions to pitch to Vlad tonight were inexcusable. This team needs all the help it can get to win games, and they don't get that from their manager.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)
I'm absolutely a Sox fan, and I think Ozzie's time with the organization should be done. There's very little energy displayed by the team, even though they supposedly brought in more spark to the clubhouse. Besides that, his decisions to pitch to Vlad tonight were inexcusable. This team needs all the help it can get to win games, and they don't get that from their manager.

I can't argue your Ozzie comments, but KW deserves the ax before Ozzie.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)

Our defense blew it and you know that. 9 times out of 10 with this team, the way we've been pitching, 7 runs is going to get us a win.

EDIT: Up to tonight, we were 12-0 when scoring 6+ runs. Now we're 12-1.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:57 AM)
Our defense blew it and you know that. 9 times out of 10 with this team, the way we've been pitching, 7 runs is going to get us a win.

Our defense did suck tonight, (most overrated left side of the infield in baseball) but do you honestly think it was a good decision to pitch to Vlad in the 5th inning? I haven't seen such a stupid decision all year among all the games I've seen. It's pretty simple when you play the Angels...anyone beats you but Vlad. I will now add Torii Hunter to the list along with Matt Stairs.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:58 PM)
Our defense did suck tonight, but you honestly think it was a good decision to pitch to Vlad in the 5th inning? I haven't seen such a stupid decision all year among all the games I've seen. It's pretty simple when you play the Angels...anyone beats you but Vlad. I will now add Torii Hunter to the list along with Matt Stairs.

It was the 5th inning! And we were up 4-2. You can't be a pussy and IBB walk the opposition's best batters all the time. Why must you nitpick?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 13, 2008 -> 06:01 AM)
It was the 5th inning! And we were up 4-2. You can't be a pussy and IBB walk the opposition's best batters all the time. Why must you nitpick?

How in the hell is that nitpicking? You have an open base with Vlad up...I didn't even think for one second that we wouldn't walk him. If you think you pitch to Vlad in that situation, then you and I will never agree about anything in baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)

Vlad shouldn't even have been to bat that inning. You predicted the Sox would be below .500 coming into the season, so I don't see why you should be dismayed by this.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 12:03 AM)
How in the hell is that nitpicking? You have an open base with Vlad up...I didn't even think for one second that we wouldn't walk him. If you think you pitch to Vlad in that situation, then you and I will never agree about anything in baseball.

It was the 5th inning and the Sox were up 2 runs. If it we're the 7th, 8th, or 9th, I might agree. Vlad isn't exactly tearing it up right now either.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 13, 2008 -> 06:03 AM)
Vlad shouldn't even have been to bat that inning. You predicted the Sox would be below .500 coming into the season, so I don't see why you should be dismayed by this.

The division also is a lot worse than I thought it would be, so I have more hope than before the season that this team can be playing meaningful games in July. Danks and Floyd are better than I would have ever imagined.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
The division also is a lot worse than I thought it would be, so I have more hope than before the season that this team can be playing meaningful games in July. Danks and Floyd are better than I would have ever imagined.

keep the faith. Ocab will pull his head out of his ass eventually. And they did bring the tying run to the plate.