5/12 White Sox (18-18) vs LA Angels (22-17)

Kyyle23

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
Volquez wasn't an absolute blue chip talent though...it was quite the risk for Cincy. Volquez has always had a big reputation, but with his advanced age, it's not like he was a Kershaw or Jay Bruce.

Volquez I thought would for sure be very good with Cincy, he was just badly mismanaged by the Rangers (big shocker there).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:48 AM)
You don't trade Volquez period, even if you have 4 other great starters, his stuff is just phenominal.

Remember when we crushed him in 2005, second game of a doubleheader? Dye hit some bombs off of him, and McCarthy was great.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Volquez wasn't an absolute blue chip talent though...it was quite the risk for Cincy. Volquez has always had a big reputation, but with his advanced age, it's not like he was a Kershaw or Jay Bruce.

yeah exactly....volquez was considered a bit of a disappointment by texas...i guess they kept the wrong one of the DVD trio and gave up too early on the other two

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:48 AM)
You don't trade Volquez period, even if you have 4 other great starters, his stuff is just phenominal.

Right, but it's all the more pathetic when you have barely any pitching talent in your organization. Texas is without question the dumbest baseball franchise of my lifetime.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:49 AM)
Speaking of cases where fans got what they asked for ie somebody not traded, and now I say be careful what you ask for.

At least it's fun to watch Lance Berkman bat.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)

Hindsight is 20/20. Texas soured on Volquez from what I understand. Cincy thought they sold high on him, everyone else laughed. Now, Volquez looks like a stud, but so does Hamilton.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 12, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
Hindsight is 20/20. Texas soured on Volquez from what I understand. Cincy thought they sold high on him, everyone else laughed. Now, Volquez looks like a stud, but so does Hamilton.

yeah, frankly i think hamilton is the more likely player to keep this up too