5/12 White Sox (18-18) vs LA Angels (22-17)

Kyyle23

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That called strike looked off the plate, but what else is new for this offense. How many times have we left the sacks full in the last few games and couldn't get the big runs in when needed even when we won the game. The guys doing the best job are the bottom of the order.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:45 AM)
That called strike looked off the plate, but what else is new for this oofesne. How many times have we left the sacks full in the last few games and couldn't get the big runs in when needed even when we won the game. The guys doing the best job are the bottom of the order.

He swung

I think that's pretty much game over there. f***. Another game we should have won.

I keep telling myself these close games have to start turning our way but they don't. I'm starting to think we're just a bad team instead of an unlucky one.

When give up 2, we score 0. When we score 3 or 4, we give up 6. That is what bad teams do.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:44 AM)
We didn't have anything 1/10th as good as Volquez to give up.

And I don't care if Josh breaks Hack Wilson's RBI record this year; you don't trade Volquez, especially when your rotation includes names like Ponson, Padilla, Gabbard, Feldman, etc.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2008 -> 04:46 AM)
Volquez alone is better than what that package is and will be, but bah your probably right it'd have gotten Cincy to pull the trigger.

Volquez wasn't an absolute blue chip talent though...it was quite the risk for Cincy. Volquez has always had a big reputation, but with his advanced age, it's not like he was a Kershaw or Jay Bruce.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ May 12, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
And I don't care if Josh breaks Hack Wilson's RBI record this year; you don't trade Volquez, especially when your rotation includes names like Ponson, Padilla, Gabbard, Feldman, etc.

You don't trade Volquez period, even if you have 4 other great starters, his stuff is just phenominal.

Edited by whitesoxfan101