FutureSox 2008 MLB Draft Discussion

BearSox

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 11:53 PM)
IF Posey is asking for 12 mill than this whole draft is f'd. That is a lot of guys asking for ridiculous bonuses.

Then take the risk of losing one slot next year. I don't want to hear whining about slot bonuses from the White Sox. It'll literally make me sick. Pay the f***ing people their money. We're in no position to be complaining with our embarrassing lack of talent. If Posey for example were paid 12 million, which I really doubt, think about that amount(when added with pre arbitration/arbitration salaries) if he even becomes an average ballplayer. It'll still be cheaper than somehow finding a catcher and paying him 7 million per year.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
Is this his surprisingly (and disappointingly) unattractive girlfriend?

BTW, my friends went to Truman's to watch the Saturday regional game. She was their waitress, someone said something about how Crow should have been saved for that game and she agreed. I thought that was funny. I shouldn't say bad things about her, I went to Truman's for the Sunday game and she was working and then she recognized me downtown Monday. It's a good thing I'm back home and 7 hours away lol.

As for draft discussion...if the Sox pass on Crow I'll be upset, but I'm not completely sold on Crow being automatic like I was a month ago. I guess that's always a risk with draftees, but I would have laughed if he didn't go #1 a couple months ago. I still think he should go in the top 5 though. I'd be happy with any of the college guys floating around the 8 range other than Castro. I don't see a huge difference between most of the guys anyway.

Haha maybe.

So is the ideal scenario for everyone basically this;

Hosmer and Alvarez go in the top 4.

Marlins don't pick Skipworth.

Giants take Posey if he falls to #5, with the Rays picking Tim Beckham.

Reds take Gordon Beckham at #7.

Leaving us with a choice b/w hopefully Skipworth, Smoak and Crow?

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 10:05 AM)
So is the ideal scenario for everyone basically this;

Hosmer and Alvarez go in the top 4.

Marlins don't pick Skipworth.

Giants take Posey if he falls to #5, with the Rays picking Tim Beckham.

Reds take Gordon Beckham at #7.

Leaving us with a choice b/w hopefully Skipworth, Smoak and Crow?

That would be like Christmas to me. I'd be very happy with any of those three. But if I was pulling the trigger, it would be Smoak.

Edited by scenario