6/7 - Sox vs. MIN, 6:05 CT, WGN

knightni

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
So OC continues this the rest of the year...you're Kenny...what do you do? Or is OC just auditioning for another team...or a probable return to LA?

I still dont' think the Sox have a capable SS on the roster or at least not one of Cabrera's quality. If I can get him to sign a 2 or 3 year deal (with an option year) I'd do it. Ramirez is cheap and can play 2nd (or adjust to SS) and I still think the Sox try to adjust or move one or two of Dye/Konerko/Thome (which clears plenty of cap room) for some more guys they like (as they continue to try and transition a bit, while still trying to win (ie, retool).

I really like Cabrera though so I'm a bit biased. I also like Furcal a hell of a lot, but he's going to get a lot more money (he's a better player too, but he has a much more checkered past in terms of "health").

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
He will be a year older at SS and will want a pay check that the Sox are probably not willing to give him.

Vizquel didn't have a problem at that age. Guess you're right...he'll probably want huge buckos...but like chisox just said...a 3-year deal would be ideal IMO.

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
So OC continues this the rest of the year...you're Kenny...what do you do? Or is OC just auditioning for another team...or a probable return to LA?

well you said LA ... so his chances may be there .. but hes not going back to the Angels. They have Aybar, Rodriguez, and Kendrick who can all play those middle infield positions, which was why he was traded. Then you have Wood who plays 3B, and that opens the door for Figgins departure(though he is DLing right now and will probably be gone but Wood hasnt showed that great of action out there hes still a kid)

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
And that's the perfect scenario we need to a) win now, and B) get good compensation.

maybe the perfect scenerio means keeping him for 3 years til Beckham's ready.......