Trade Konerko, Trade for Griffey

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
Griffey isn't really a CF anymore.

Although, I like how you're trying to remind us of '05. Admirable.

Looks like the last time he played there was 2006.

I would wager that Konerko and Swisher would both put up better numbers than Griff for the rest of the season.

Don't forget that Paulie has that 5/10 status that he can veto any trade.

And as a previous poster said, Votto in Cincy is holding up very nicely. I doubt that Cincy would ask for another 1b since their prize prospect is doing pretty good.

If anything, Cincy would probably ask for front-line pitching and an OF prospect(s) for Griff....if he would also agree to this too.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
Joe,

People are not going to fork over good talent for guys who have underperformed, are older than 31, and have large amounts of money due to them. They are here, hope they hit well for the rest of the season.

Not to mention Konerko has 10/5 rights. "Hey Paul, how would you feel about going to Cincinatti?"

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
Don't forget that Paulie has that 5/10 status that he can veto any trade.

And as a previous poster said, Votto in Cincy is holding up very nicely. I doubt that Cincy would ask for another 1b since their prize prospect is doing pretty good.

If anything, Cincy would probably ask for front-line pitching and an OF prospect(s) for Griff....if he would also agree to this too.

You and Bobdylan did the same thing SSI did. Re-read my post. It was not proposing Konerko to Cincy.

I agree with DaBear. Screw Griffey.

Don't need him to go with Thome.

The crazy thing is I read in the Trib we are looking for cf upgrade and second base.

We still got a lot of money invested in Swish. Seems like the outfield is set for starters at least.

As far as second base ... I guess Alexei could cool off, but right now he's the young blood we need in an old lineup.

QUOTE (KyKyGruber @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
Didn't the sox offer Brandon McCarthy for Soriano in 06?

supposedly something like that happened...Kenny also apparently didn't want to deal away Broadway either, so I'm not entirely sure about that entire rumor

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
You and Bobdylan did the same thing SSI did. Re-read my post. It was not proposing Konerko to Cincy.

Either way, Konerko is not going to drop the no-trade rights he earned. He's the captain of the team. He's in his 10th season here. They're in first place. He won a World Series ring here. He took a discount to stay here. It'd be bush league for the organization to ask him to leave this season. Maybe if they sucked dick and offered him an opportunity to win a ring elsewhere... but that's not the case.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 12:26 AM)
Either way, Konerko is not going to drop the no-trade rights he earned. He's the captain of the team. He's in his 10th season here. They're in first place. He won a World Series ring here. He took a discount to stay here. It'd be bush league for the organization to ask him to leave this season. Maybe if they sucked dick and offered him an opportunity to win a ring elsewhere... but that's not the case.

Especially not when his opportunity to win a ring elsewhere is likely equal or less than the chance he'd have at winning another here.