HineyBird poops out another gem

TCQ

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
I dont know if a lot of you guys have read the sun times this morning but mariotti wrote some of the most biased tasteless trash i have ever read. He actually says in the article how members of the media are not biased and are not fans and then proceeds to put all of his focus on ripping Kenny Williams and Ozzie. He makes them out to be evil hating people, and paints Jim Hendry and Lou Pinella as world class heroes and first class citizens. I have never read anything this biased since i watched "Triumph of the Will" by Leni Reifenstahl (Nazi propaganda from the 30s". One particular thing that made me laugh was how called Ozzie Guillen a jerk because he jokingly said that it took a while to find a double for piniella in that commercial they did because of his waistline. I watched the interview yesterday he was laughing when he said it. Both managers have had nothing but good things to say about each other. There is so much bias and generally disdain for the White Sox organization in his writing its almost a joke to even read it. I am livid and i hope the Sox kick their ass even more now, but then that will make us a classless organization because no one is supposed to be the blessed cubs after their hundred years of god awfulness. Its just another year, and when September rolls around cubs fans will once again repeat their ingrained mantra, "Maybe next year."

I don't read the Scuzz Times but someone left this article on my desk this morning. It was another reminder what a foold he is. Imagine this guy calling KW and Ozzie classless.

Tomorrow's column on there now rips Oz for taking out Danks.

Fair enough.

But he also blasts Oz for calling Wrigley full of rats.

If you watch the video, Oz is playing the media who are laughing their ass off.

It's low key funny stuff.

Mariotti says he's a disgrace ripping historic Wrigley again.

Ozzie goes on to call it a museum. He says, 'lots of fans like coming here; oz doesn't like to come here.'

That's not in his column.

How can this paper allow the vendetta to play out?

Telander calls out Mariotti and the column is killed; Mariotti calls out his comrades on TV and the Trib writes bout it.

Will Mariotti face the music??

Yu kidding me? No way.

Oz you can tell loves when he has the media laughing; what's wrong with baseball being fun. Mariotti who may or may not have been there for the interview completely writes Oz being negative ripping Wrigley when Oz is having fun and being fair.

Easy column to rip Oz for the Danks move; fine. The other stuff is ridiculous.

Kudos to all other sun times sports writers; I think they do a very nice job.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Seriously why do you guys pay any attention to Mariotti? At all?

It reminds me of that Simpsons where the advertisements come alive and start destroying everything. If you stop looking, it will just go away. I think we Paul Anka to come and sing "Just Don't Look."

Anybody who looks, sounds, and thinks like that assclown is someone who has earned my sympathy, regardless of whether or not he makes millions more than I do for writing out of his ass.

In fact, I'd say that he's gone so overboard on the unfounded criticism and hatred of Guillen/Dubs/Reinsdorf that it's lost it's shock appeal. Dude is writing himself out of a job.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 08:19 AM)
Anybody who looks, sounds, and thinks like that assclown is someone who has earned my sympathy, regardless of whether or not he makes millions more than I do for writing out of his ass.

In fact, I'd say that he's gone so overboard on the unfounded criticism and hatred of Guillen/Dubs/Reinsdorf that it's lost it's shock appeal. Dude is writing himself out of a job.

No he's not writing himself out of a job. He's catering to Cub fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:56 AM)
Tomorrow's column on there now rips Oz for taking out Danks.

Fair enough.

But he also blasts Oz for calling Wrigley full of rats.

If you watch the video, Oz is playing the media who are laughing their ass off.

It's low key funny stuff.

Mariotti says he's a disgrace ripping historic Wrigley again.

Ozzie goes on to call it a museum. He says, 'lots of fans like coming here; oz doesn't like to come here.'

That's not in his column.

How can this paper allow the vendetta to play out?

Telander calls out Mariotti and the column is killed; Mariotti calls out his comrades on TV and the Trib writes bout it.

Will Mariotti face the music??

Yu kidding me? No way.

Oz you can tell loves when he has the media laughing; what's wrong with baseball being fun. Mariotti who may or may not have been there for the interview completely writes Oz being negative ripping Wrigley when Oz is having fun and being fair.

Easy column to rip Oz for the Danks move; fine. The other stuff is ridiculous.

Kudos to all other sun times sports writers; I think they do a very nice job.

Didnt the Moron rip on Comiskey for like 10 years until the renovations. I guess for him it's OK.

You are right. There's no shock value anymore.

He is the happiest man in Chicago today.

He gets to write the column ripping Ozz for leaving in Jose too long.

Type faster, Jay, we've written the column for you again.

Oz has cost us this series and the sweep is here tomorrow. Weak stuff.

Tomorrow when Thome makes a couple key errors at first he has his final column on Oz for

the weekend.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
Maybe if Mariotti had ever entered a clubhouse or played a sport himself he'd know that that's, uh, jocular fun. It's nothing serious. Ozzie wasn't "ripping" Piniella.

Jay never played any Sports???

I thought he use to be a Jockey :huh Didn't he use to ride Seattle Spew :P

I bet if he played Little League as a boy he was a Right-Fielder :lol:

We need one of these emotions :fthecubs for every Mariotti thread.

Weak effort from Mariotti today. I was looking forward to reading an offensive article that would incite reaction among Sox fans. He disappointed me. It's funny, when you become accustomed to his material you notice articles such as today's, where it seems, he is being told to tone it down.

And yes, I'M READING HIS ARTICLES AND MAKING HIM TEH AWESOME. I don't care. Infact, I buy 10 sun times for every one person on this board who suggests they've boycotted Mariotti. Your whining is making him rich!

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Why don't people do what I do and not read his articles? He wants people to hate him and people read his collumns to anger them. If people stopped reading he wouldn't have a job. Who cares what he says.

I got your back there. I cancelled my sub. and told them I wont come back until Mariotti is gone. If there weren't hate mail for him there wouldn't be any mail at all, and eventually he would fade away like a pimple on an ass.

If this was our ballpark, he'd want it torn down and merely keep mentioning the fallen concrete of a few years ago and wondering when somebody will be killed cause of our dump of a park.

I wonder. ...

Will he blast Piniella at the Cubs' first sign of choking?

Will he write just as reactionary a column if somehow we were to kick the Cubs' ass in the Cell?

Will he write columns in September if the Cubs' lead starts to dwindle reminding them of 1969, etc?

Will be blast Lou if for some reason the Sox outmaneuver him next weekend in a 2-1 game or something.

We shall see.

He's lost all shock value like somebody on here said.

Cause it's the same tired rips of the Sox. Oz, KW, Jerry. Just rotate the three when he writes his column.

I think even he knows he can't praise Lou TOO much cause he's going to need to blast him with his stereotypical columns if the Cubs struggle during the playoffs again.

How can a newspaper guy not love Guillen?

He sells papers himself with his wild quotes every week.

Jay has personal vendetta and should not be allowed to write about the Sox.

How can anybody argue with that?

And don't say don't read him. I skim him to see if he has any new take worth looking at.

I laugh when it's the same column again.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Noberto Martin @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
Why don't people do what I do and not read his articles? He wants people to hate him and people read his collumns to anger them. If people stopped reading he wouldn't have a job. Who cares what he says.

Seriously. I won't even open his columns. The dude is a pimple on the ass of society.