HineyBird poops out another gem

TCQ

I dont know if a lot of you guys have read the sun times this morning but mariotti wrote some of the most biased tasteless trash i have ever read. He actually says in the article how members of the media are not biased and are not fans and then proceeds to put all of his focus on ripping Kenny Williams and Ozzie. He makes them out to be evil hating people, and paints Jim Hendry and Lou Pinella as world class heroes and first class citizens. I have never read anything this biased since i watched "Triumph of the Will" by Leni Reifenstahl (Nazi propaganda from the 30s". One particular thing that made me laugh was how called Ozzie Guillen a jerk because he jokingly said that it took a while to find a double for piniella in that commercial they did because of his waistline. I watched the interview yesterday he was laughing when he said it. Both managers have had nothing but good things to say about each other. There is so much bias and generally disdain for the White Sox organization in his writing its almost a joke to even read it. I am livid and i hope the Sox kick their ass even more now, but then that will make us a classless organization because no one is supposed to be the blessed cubs after their hundred years of god awfulness. Its just another year, and when September rolls around cubs fans will once again repeat their ingrained mantra, "Maybe next year."

Edited by TCQ

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
I dont know if a lot of you guys have read the sun times this morning but mariotti wrote some of the most biased tasteless trash i have ever read. He actually says in the article how members of the media are not biased and are not fans and then proceeds to put all of his focus on ripping Kenny Williams and Ozzie. He makes them out to be evil hating people, and paints Jim Hendry and Lou Pinella as world class heroes and first class citizens. I have never read anything this biased since i watched "Triumph of the Will" by Leni Reifenstahl (Nazi propaganda from the 30s". One particular thing that made me laugh was how called Ozzie Guillen a jerk because he jokingly said that it took a while to find a double for piniella in that commercial they did because of his waistline. I watched the interview yesterday he was laughing when he said it. Both managers have had nothing but good things to say about each other. There is so much bias and generally disdain for the White Sox organization in his writing its almost a joke to even read it. I am livid and i hope the Sox kick their ass even more now, but then that will make us a classless organization because no one is supposed to be the blessed cubs after their hundred years of god awfulness. Its just another year, and when September rolls around cubs fans will once again repeat their ingrained mantra, "Maybe next year."

I'm confused by your statements...What is your connection between Mariotti and the Cubs?

Edited by RibbieRubarb

Mariotti was ripping Ozzie for making jokes about Piniella needing a body double when they filmed a commercial while they went to a modeling agency for Ozzie.

Maybe if Mariotti had ever entered a clubhouse or played a sport himself he'd know that that's, uh, jocular fun. It's nothing serious. Ozzie wasn't "ripping" Piniella. He was just BSing a little, and nobody minds that.

He has no sense of sarcasm or proportion. And he puts too much grease in his hair.

doesnt this guys arm get tired from constantly trying to stir the pot so much? or is his arm so strong from his non stop masturbation over anything that could possibly even be made into a controversy...

hes trying to do this to boil our blood...just dont read him and move on

that said the guy is a grade A douche

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
Mariotti was ripping Ozzie for making jokes about Piniella needing a body double when they filmed a commercial while they went to a modeling agency for Ozzie.

Maybe if Mariotti had ever entered a clubhouse or played a sport himself he'd know that that's, uh, jocular fun. It's nothing serious. Ozzie wasn't "ripping" Piniella. He was just BSing a little, and nobody minds that.

He has no sense of sarcasm or proportion. And he puts too much grease in his hair.

I watched the interview that Comcast aired that Mariotti is pulling this crap from. Piniella was laughing about what Ozzie said and he replied by saying that ozzie wasnt as good looking as himself, but Ozzie did eat less. Ozzie and Piniella were very complementary towards each other and there was no animosity between them and their comments at all.

The guy just loves to stir up crap wherever he can. He loves mixing and matching quotes to make it look tense and angry

Wow Mariotti writes another article bashing Ozzie, Kenny and The Sox. You would think as a writer he would want to cover other sunjects. I think he has some sorta wierd obsession. Its old and played out boring junk.

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:56 AM)
BTW, I want to congratulate all who hate Jay who visit his column on-line or buy the paper to read him. You helped him get his new 3-year deal. :notworthy

If you don't like him...don't read him.

will the suntimes still be around in 3 years?

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:46 AM)
I'm confused by your statements...What is your connection between Mariotti and the Cubs?

I guess that he really was too busy bashing the sox to support the cubs, but i was just saying that in bashing the sox so much he is biased against them and as a "journalist" he shouldnt be

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Seriously why do you guys pay any attention to Mariotti? At all?

Because he is the only decent columnist in this City.

Unfortunately, he also happens to have an absolute vendetta against the White Sox entire organization.

I must say, Jay has outdone himself this time. I cannot believe he actually managed to state that he is a "neutral observer" right in the midst of an article which does nothing but skew reality into the White Sox being a complete trash organization.

I'm sure if Lou Pinella asked for a suite for his family, the White Sox would not oblige him. What a joke.

The Cubs are a classy organization, and no one will argue with that.

The White Sox' brass has a little bit of personality. So does the Yankees' brass. Does that make them a classless organization too?

I'm not one to espouse violence, but if I saw Jay on the street, I would have a seriously difficult time not verbally and physically abusing him.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
I learned a long time ago not to read his vile crap. In fact, I rarely go the Sun-Times site just to make sure I don't accidently click on his column.

QFT.

Once, I was a loyal Sun-Times customer. I just can't do it anymore.

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
BTW, I want to congratulate all who hate Jay who visit his column on-line or buy the paper to read him. You helped him get his new 3-year deal. :notworthy

Exactly. In the beginning of his crusade against Ozzie and the Sox I would occasionally check it out when I heard he wrote something controversial, now I wont even go on their web site sports section so there isnt a possibility my hit might be mistaken for him. In this situation the only thing anyone who hates him should do is ignore him and never read about or talk about him.

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)

Read my mind, Ribbie. Thx to threads like this, that douchebag still has a job in this town for another 3 yrs :angry:

Mariotti: "Are the local media now brainwashed that every time Ozzie goes off it's 'Ozzie being Ozzie,' or are we dealing with one of the great crackpots in the history of professional sports? I happen to choose the latter."

Callaway: "That's what people would say about you."

Mariotti: "Not me."

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I'm not a hateful person, but man is Mariotti ever a pathetic, cowardly, stupid piece of s***...

Edited by TheBigHurt

Notice he was quiet during that 7 game homestand when we hit the hell out of the ball.

He hates OZ and KW and Jerry. They shouldn't let him write any more columns on the Sox cause it's a personal vendetta obviously against all three.