White Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
No way in hell they would do that when they have guys like DeWitt and LaRoche

I totally forgot about LaRoche, my fault.

They used to be interested in Crede but now with DeWitt, there's no chance they take him from us, especially in a contract year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)
If that means we throw at Aramis here, I'm happy they just scored.

We'll pitch him away and watch him drive one down in the right field corner.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:47 PM)
So we're going to trade from a position where we have no possible replacements for a guy who plays at positions we have stars at?

I've said that we should sell high on Contreras while he still has some value. I've thought all along that these past couple of months have been an a aberration, and based on his last couple of outing, my hypotennuse is getting stronger. I really don't think what we will get from Contreras for the remander of the season will be anything better than what we would get from Masset/Broadway/whoever in his spot in the rotation.

And the Ethier part was just more of me fantasizing about getting him.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 02:52 AM)
I've said that we should sell high on Contreras while he still has some value. I've thought all along that these past couple of months have been an a aberration, and based on his last couple of outing, my hypotennuse is getting stronger. I really don't think what we will get from Contreras for the remander of the season will be anything better than what we would get from Masset/Broadway/whoever in his spot in the rotation.

Broadway has not been overly impressive for a while now. Have you seen the numbers that guys put up in the majors in comparison to their AAA stats in that league? Jojo Reyes looked like Cy Young in AAA.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
No way in hell they would do that when they have guys like DeWitt and LaRoche

No way in hell WE would do that. Kemp isn't that good. He doesn't even stand out in that awful line up in LA now.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
Broadway has not been overly impressive for a while now. Have you seen the numbers that guys put up in the majors in comparison to their AAA stats in that league? Jojo Reyes looked like Cy Young in AAA.

Would I expect Broadway to set the world on fire? No, but I think he could put up an ERA between 4.6-4.7, what I expect Contreras to probably be around for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
No way in hell WE would do that. Kemp isn't that good. He doesn't even stand out in that awful line up in LA now.

If Colletti called KW and proposed that deal, and Kenny turned it down, that would quite possibly be KW's worst move as GM.

Kemp is a stud waiting to happen.