White Sox @ Cubs

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
If Colletti called KW and proposed that deal, and Kenny turned it down, that would quite possibly be KW's worst move as GM.

Kemp is a stud waiting to happen.

And LA has been waiting for awhile.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)

WOW! An OBP .040 pts higher than his BA! He is a must get!!!

I KNOW!! Who needs that .290 BA and 47 RBI? He sucks. Don't go get him because he's better then our current CF, right? Go out and get a guy worse then him! His BA is what, only .060 better then Anderson's too- that's not good at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
And LA has been waiting for awhile.

what? The guy isn't even 24 yet and he is already an above average hitter. Before this year, the guy had only 2 partial seasons under his belt. Wow, I am shocked to find out that a guy hitting .290 so far and being on pace for close to 100 rbi's this season isn't showing some of that stud potential.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
I KNOW!! Who needs that .290 BA and 47 RBI? He sucks. Don't go get him because he's better then our current CF, right? Go out and get a guy worse then him! His BA is what, only .060 better then Anderson's too- that's not good at all.

If Kemp was a lead off type guy, I'd be for it, but we should be shooting for the stars instead of the ceiling.

And I'm sure Kemp has plenty more AB's than BA, so that really isn't a fair comparison.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
I think this may be the start of that collapse all the doubters were talking about.

Please. We didn't do any worse than any team that has gone to Wrigley this season. I'm just as pissed off as the rest of you, but to say that this is the start of a collapse is a bit of a stretch.

Everybody on the White Sox team should be embarrassed the next 2 hours til all the media departs with the questions.

They should be thoroughly embarrassed.

After that they should forget it ... they were a complete disgrace, yes, but now it's over.

Time to try to rebound yet again.

They've done it in the past. One of these times they are not gonna rebound and start freefalling.

They either start getting consistent or look for the freefall.

What a joke of a weekend. But it is OVA.

On to the next series.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 04:07 AM)
If Kemp was a lead off type guy, I'd be for it, but we should be shooting for the stars instead of the ceiling.

And I'm sure Kemp has plenty more AB's than BA, so that really isn't a fair comparison.

Shooting for the stars? Matt Kemp has about as much star potential as any young hitter in baseball. As he cuts down on his strikeout totals and moves to a hitting park, he's going to be a stud!