A great Big THANK YOU!

spataro51

THANK YOU WHITE SOX! Thanks for embarrassing us in front of the golden children of the baseball world and letting all them bandwagon lovable loser fans have something to throw at us for the next week or i am afraid the rest of the year because next weekend doesn't seem like it will be any better. Thanks for letting us die-hard white sox fans down and not even putting up a fight! Thanks for not getting men in from second base w/ no outs. Thanks for waiting to this weekend to pitch like were the pirates. What does eveyone else have on their mind that they want to say THANK YOU for? Its a good way to vent some frustration. I would of been ok if we would of played like this against anyone else but the arch enemy! Man now with minny winning we are only a game and half up and this might be the down fall of us. I hope we won;t have a repeat of last year when we played like crap against the flubs because it was downhill after that.

Edited by spataro51

It's always good to lose three games to the team beneath you in the standings in three games, right?

Just as it is to lose three games to the best team in the national league, one in front of a national audience, all the while your VAUNTED pitching staff wets itself in two straight games.

Really an embarrassing weekend to be a White Sox fan.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)
This season is over, obviously.

We know, we know.

But honestly, nobody besides you and Tony support that BS. To now be now 17-23 on the road after we were just 17-14 on the road is fantastic, right? To now be only 1.5 games up after just being 6.5 games up is fine, right? To not be able to open a local newspaper, flip on a local sports news station, or even ESPN itself is good, right? To hear it from a bunch of yuppy-f***s is fine, right?

Sweet.

It's OK guys. We're fine. As long as we're in first, it's cool. Even if we lose 10 in a row with an 11 game lead is fine, too, right?

:headbang :notworthy

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 04:09 AM)
We know, we know.

But honestly, nobody besides you and Tony support that BS. To now be now 17-23 on the road after we were just 17-14 on the road is fantastic, right? To now be only 1.5 games up after just being 6.5 games up is fine, right? To not be able to open a local newspaper, flip on a local sports news station, or even ESPN itself is good, right? To hear it from a bunch of yuppy-f***s is fine, right?

Sweet.

It's OK guys. We're fine. As long as we're in first, it's cool. Even if we lose 10 in a row with an 11 game lead is fine, too, right?

:headbang :notworthy

Don't give them a hard time because they're remaining optimistic.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)

That's not what I think at all. I think it's terrible that the Sox got swept, the same way I feel whenever they get swept. Does it matter that its the Cubs? No, it'd be 10 times worse if it was the Twins that did it. Fact of the matter is that the Cubs have a good team, and are especially good at home.

But this was one s***ty series. It's not the end of the season and it's not even close to the end of this playoff race that we're in. The Sox definitely need to be more consistent if they want to stay in it for the long run, but it's much too early to start giving on a team that plays 162 games during the regular season.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
That's not what I think at all. I think it's terrible that the Sox got swept, the same way I feel whenever they get swept. Does it matter that its the Cubs? No, it'd be 10 times worse if it was the Twins that did it.

But this was one s***ty series. It's not the end of the season and it's not even close to the end of this playoff race that we're in. The Sox definitely need to be more consistent if they want to stay in it for the long run, but it's much too early to start giving on a team that plays 162 games during the regular season.

Exactly. Well, we've lost what now, 9 in a row on the road, we can't hit unless we face scumbags like Ian Snell and Tom Gorzelanny. We can't beat teams better then us (see, Cubs). We get 2 singles and we think it might be the start of something, only for the next guy to do the ol 6-4-3/4-6-3/5-4-3/1-4-3 DP. Then, with 2 outs, we hit solo HRs.

s*** happens...

Yea, this weekend sucked, and yea we got embarassed this weekend, but its a long season, there going to be ups and downs. Right now were down, hopefully we get back up starting Tuesday!

All I have to say, is if someone told me on the morning of June 23rd, the White Sox would be in first place, I would take that, no questions asked.

Go Sox!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
What you saw this weekend was the result of two teams that get most of their wins at home squaring off... the hometeam swept.

Next weekend will be quite different.

I understand the Cubs have a stellar home record, but they're not going to win every one. I just hate the equivalent of shrugging our shoulders and saying "oh, well, Cubs are good at home and that's that." Aka the Johan Santana defense.

And how does playing at Wrigley Field have to do with their inability to advance runners, Vazquez/Contreras soiling themselves, or the bullpen giving up HRs?

I guess I should expect a sweep at home against the Cubs since we have a good home record, right? Of course, there will probably be another excuse when we don't. Such as, "can't win every home game-" which only applies to us and not the Cubs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
We lost to a better team this weekend. They've now won an astonishing 31 of their last 36 home games.

Which is something a lot of people aren't realizing. The Cubs are a very good team at home and are very hard to beat there. It's not like the White Sox are complete s*** just because they can't beat the Cubs there, not many teams can or have.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
That's not what I think at all. I think it's terrible that the Sox got swept, the same way I feel whenever they get swept. Does it matter that its the Cubs? No, it'd be 10 times worse if it was the Twins that did it. Fact of the matter is that the Cubs have a good team, and are especially good at home.

Well it doesn't help matters that said Twins swept a series at the same time we were getting swept so they still ended up gaining those 3 games. Essentially it's the same except for the fact that we still get to play the Twins for those 3 games later.

I just don't think this Sox team is a contender yet, they are still a couple of players away. They're tons more competitive than last year (more than I thought they'd be, I thought this would be a .500 team), and we've had 3 roster additions that have improved us a great deal in Quentin, Ramirez, and Swisher, plus Floyd and Danks both look legit. But we had a long way to go to fix the disaster that was last year, and the team has come a ways but is still not ready yet. But the good news is the core of the roster is mostly young.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
I understand the Cubs have a stellar home record, but they're not going to win every one. I just hate the equivalent of shrugging our shoulders and saying "oh, well, Cubs are good at home and that's that." Aka the Johan Santana defense.

And how does playing at Wrigley Field have to do with their inability to advance runners, Vazquez/Contreras soiling themselves, or the bullpen giving up HRs?

I guess I should expect a sweep at home against the Cubs since we have a good home record, right? Of course, there will probably be another excuse when we don't. Such as, "can't win every home game-" which only applies to us and not the Cubs.

Exactly. May God bless you. I was just going to post the exact same thing for the most part. :headbang

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)

The Cubs are very good at home. Does that excuse poor play by the White Sox? No, of course not, but it doesn't change the fact that they can play really well at home and that we aren't the first division leader to go in there and lose.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
Which is something a lot of people aren't realizing. The Cubs are a very good team at home and are very hard to beat there. It's not like the White Sox are complete s*** just because they can't beat the Cubs there, not many teams can or have.

Another thing that people don't realize is that road records around the league are bad. I think Morgan said that only five teams have winning records on the road, and a week ago there were only three. The fact that MLB now tests for amphetamines is probably part of the reason.