Sox @ Dodgers Game 2 Floyd vs Stults 9:10

letsgoarow

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I b**** about Swisher somebody rips me with some wild stats saying how well he's doing.

Do you guys think he simply can't hit the baseball?

I know he got hot that one week when he hit the 2 homers in one game and it seemed exciting, but don't you agree with me this guy just ain't the answer??

I don't dare bring up Rowand's name, but can't we get some center fielder (first baseman with Paulie out) who can hit the ball on a consistent basis??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 05:18 AM)
Every time I b**** about Swisher somebody rips me with some wild stats saying how well he's doing.

Do you guys think he simply can't hit the baseball?

I know he got hot that one week when he hit the 2 homers in one game and it seemed exciting, but don't you agree with me this guy just ain't the answer??

I don't dare bring up Rowand's name, but can't we get some center fielder (first baseman with Paulie out) who can hit the ball on a consistent basis??

We'd be a better team if we had Rowand in CF than Swisher, but I don't fault KW for not going after him with the huge contract.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:20 PM)
We'd be a better team if we had Rowand in CF than Swisher, but I don't fault KW for not going after him with the huge contract.

Agreed. However, I do fault KW for not giving Torii Hunter the money the huge contract.

I bet KW would have given Hunter the money if he had a crystal ball and knew how bizarre this offense would be this year.

Watching some of these games has to be torture for him.

Pure torture.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
2nd time in two games that the game was theoretically over after the 3rd batter of the game for the opposition.

Yup. I don't really understand why people get so upset at suggestions that the game is over early? This is a terrible hitting team.

Greg Walker should be fired.

The Swisher trade was a right size, wrong shape transaction. It was a brilliant move by KW to get rid of 3 top prospects that the organization has huge questions about. However, it's just too bad those resources went for Swisher and not someone who would be more productive at this point of the season.

Twins, Tigers, Royals all looking good of late.

Cleveland still Cleveland.

I think it's obvious this division could go to anybody.

We certainly aren't favorites anymore, not with our starting pitching a bit iffy of late and our offense simply wacky.

Anything can and will happen the rest of the way but one thing is for sure. If we do win the division it won't be by a runaway margin like some were thinking a couple weeks ago.

You said it all bout Swish fathom. I don't see how anybody could argue with that. We've had enough season to see the guy is an average hitter.

Hope he gets hot again and proves me wrong.

Edited by greg775