Georgia (8) vs. Fresno - CWS Finals Game 3

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
WOW Detwiler.

Good day to have the game of your life.

Detwiler 3 for 3, with 2 homeruns and a double, and all 6 Fresno State RBIs.

Georgia's on the ropes, behind 6-0.

Edited by scenario

It would be nice to see Georgia win, but...

Gotta appreciate the magnitude of underdog that Fresno State is.

If they win this thing, it's practically movie worthy.

If they win, they will be the lowest seeded team in NCAA history in ANY sport to win a championship.

WOW!!! That's amazing.

Edited by scenario

This has been a dream CWS for me. I was born and raised in Fresno, and grew up a big Fresno State kid. To me, they're are 1a on my college love list with Oregon (i went to school there). Yet i love Fresno for this run, as the team showed great heart, and embodied everything sports should be all about: guts, heart, fun, and never giving up. Great stuff

That said, I am also i diehard Sox fan, and loved what i got to see from Beckham all CWS. He's going to be a great asset for Chicago, and he looks like he has great leadership qualities to go with his outstanding talent. lets get him signed so he can show the world who the best Beckham in the draft was :)

Go Fresno State!, GO SOX, and GO BECKHAM!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
If he gets signed quick enough, it's possible Gordon is in AA by next season, right?

Its still early to say. I was talking with a buddy of mine yesterday who played shortstop in college (won a JuCo national championship) and he has had some previous offers to get involved in scouting (and so far has passed on them) but he mentioned that in his mind it was probably 50/50 as to whether Beckham stays at SS (as opposed to moving to 2B). But he also said regardless that he just loved his swing and ability and that he looked like a guy that will rake at all levels.

Obviously, its not like its coming from a scout, but it kind of validates a lot of other comments coming from semi-experts. I'm definately excited to see what he can do. I'm guessing with a quick sign and assuming he doesn't belly up he'll see A ball this year and for the start of next year and than spend at least the second half of the 09 season in Birmingham.

You also have to remember at that point in time, no one thought the Rockies were going to compete so they could deal with the learning curve a bit more than the Sox may be able to. It all depends on where the Sox are the next 2 years or so.