White Sox @ Dodgers, 2:10 CSN

soxfan3530

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really starting to like this Danks kid. Floyd has 8 wins, but I have to believe that Danks is actually pitching better. We have a couple good kids from other organizations that are making it big time with the Sox. I hope Floyd can get back to being a consistent as a winner soon also

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
I am curious who you guys think will be the better pitcher long-term: Floyd or Danks? I've kind of been thinking it would be Floyd but I get the sense most people would take Danks.

Like I just posted I am starting to like danks more and more. But, I am nopt ready to choose one over the other (Danks and Floyd)

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
I hope Floyd can get back to being a consistent as a winner soon also

I hear what youre saying, but Floyd kinda spoiled us with all those near NO-NO's early on. Not every performance can be comepletely dominating... we knew the long ball would catch up with him a bit.

He just lost his first start over his past 6 last night....

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
I am really starting to like this Danks kid. Floyd has 8 wins, but I have to believe that Danks is actually pitching better. We have a couple good kids from other organizations that are making it big time with the Sox. I hope Floyd can get back to being a consistent as a winner soon also

Starting to like? I had a feeling about him since this time last year, even when his ERA ballooned. He was just missing one pitch and I had to wait and see how he handled it, looks outstanding now.

One of Broadway, Richard, Whisler, Poreda will make the rotation when Contreras is gone after next year if not traded after this year. That gives us another young pitcher to go along Danks and Floyd. With Thome, Uribe, OC, gone I think we should really go after Teixiera in the offseason.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
I hear what youre saying, but Floyd kinda spoiled us with all those near NO-NO's early on. Not every performance can be comepletely dominating... we knew the long ball would catch up with him a bit.

He just lost his first start over his past 6 last night....

He did spoil us for sure. I am hoping this is just a rough stretch for him, but looking back on these last few starts he has not been exactly terrible either even when he lost

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
I'll bet the bank Thome is back next season.

I hope not. There is a good chance he wont reach min plate appearences this year and even if he does Phillies pay a large portion of his 3 million buyout.