White Sox @ Dodgers, 2:10 CSN

soxfan3530

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... road game, against a lefty, against a pitcher they've never seen, coming off a depressing loss, on getaway day before a big series, with Konerko on the DL, Crede maybe still hurting, and no Thome in the NL lineup.

Basically, all signs point to a loss.

Therefore, I am confident of a win.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
So... road game, against a lefty, against a pitcher they've never seen, coming off a depressing loss, on getaway day before a big series, with Konerko on the DL, Crede maybe still hurting, and no Thome in the NL lineup.

Basically, all signs point to a loss.

Therefore, I am confident of a win.

:gosoxretro:

that does it - I"m going!

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)
Clayton Kershaw + Lefthanded + Sox have not seen him + on the road = :uhoh

Big difference between last night and today... fastball pitcher versus change up pitcher. I think the Sox O has a good game today.

Kershaw's been very wild as well.

Important that our hitters are very patient tonight.

I don't want to see any "Juan Uribe popping up on the 1st pitch" scenarios happening here.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
I don't want to see any "Juan Uribe popping up on the 1st pitch" scenarios happening here.

Well you might as well change the channel when he is up to hit.

In case anyone cares, the Dodgers lineup:

1. Pierre LF

2. Kemp CF

3. Martin 3b

4. Loney 1b

5. LaRoche 2b

6. Young RF

7. Berorra SS

8. Ardoin C

9. Kershaw P

Martin @ 3b is interesting. I looked it up, and apparently he's started 6 games at 3b this year. I thought he was only used as an emergency 3b.

Anyone think Guillen is giving Anderson a shot a doing something before possibly being sent down? A-lot easier to hit in front of Quentin than the pitcher.

Also Wise will get the next two starts and then I believe Konerko can come off the DL Sunday against Mashall no?

I think it is a mirror performance to last night as the bats were cold for a nice spell Tuesday and I think they will today as well against a leftie they have never faced. His ability and past history is no indication to what he is capable of....see last night.

6-1 Dodgers

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
Anyone think Guillen is giving Anderson a shot a doing something before possibly being sent down? A-lot easier to hit in front of Quentin than the pitcher.

Also Wise will get the next two starts and then I believe Konerko can come off the DL Sunday against Mashall no?

I think it is a mirror performance to last night as the bats were cold for a nice spell Tuesday and I think they will today as well against a leftie they have never faced. His ability and past history is no indication to what he is capable of....see last night.

6-1 Dodgers

I heard PK won't be cleared until Monday. I guess it is a possibility, though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
Good to see Crede back in there.

Anderson at #2? Goofy. Better to have CQ at 2, Dye 3 and Crede at cleanup.

How about Anderson in the #10 spot. I hope he proves me wrong today, but I just hate watching this guy hit. Its seems to my untrained eye that he has a very long swing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
:unsure:

The Sox scored 6 on Tuesday. That is the only time either team has scored 6.

We wont the firs game 6-1

And lost the second game 5-0

Both teams scored 6 runs during the series so far ;-)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 11:57 AM)
Good to see Crede back in there.

You got that right. The bottom of our lineup was embarassingly bad last night, Ozuna is just not a good baseball player with the bat or the glove. Anderson in the 2 hole is certainly different. All I can say is I am glad this is our last game in a National League park for the rest of the regular season, our lineup looks real bad without the DH, particularly since Konerko is on the DL and Crede has been missing the last several days.