The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 5, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Nah.

But it's not like Obama doesn't catch plenty of s*** here from me, balta, bs etc. granted it is from the left, but theres not unwavering praise.

Why, you all got what you wanted, except becoming f***ing robots for the government. Line up for your chip.

Oh, right, health care is not far enough left, we're not a marxist state (yet), and we haven't become France.

If you like that style so damn much, go live there and leave us the hell alone.

Oui Oui.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Why, you all got what you wanted, except becoming f***ing robots for the government. Line up for your chip.

Oh, right, health care is not far enough left, we're not a marxist state (yet), and we haven't become France.

Oui Oui.

If you want poor people dying because they can't afford health care so badly, Afghanistan would be happy to have you.

Fair reply?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 5, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)

Oui Oui.

Hitting the sauce early tonight?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
Also, a France joke? Is this 2004?

2002 might work, we do have an election coming up with the Republican party insisting beyond all reason that we need to invade a country whose name starts with IRA-.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Spend a few months uninsured and tell me that there's any choice.

I have, and you can buy insurance. And besides that, you can get care. To say you can't is a strawman.

I wish we had a real, modern health care system like France instead of the pro-corporate insurance reform we got which will likely be struck down in a couple of months. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that your insistence that ppaca will bankrupt the insurance industry and leave us with single payer are true!

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 6, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
I have, and you can buy insurance. And besides that, you can get care. To say you can't is a strawman.

See, the thing is, many people can't buy insurance. But you know this, you are just making a bad faith argument.

It's pathetic that many poor americans have to rely on once-a-year clinics run by groups like doctors without borders if they can get non-emergency care at all. Best system in the world!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 6, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
I wish we had a real, modern health care system like France instead of the pro-corporate insurance reform we got which will likely be struck down in a couple of months. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that your insistence that ppaca will bankrupt the insurance industry and leave us with single payer are true!

You mean France that is about the third or forth domino of Europe going bankrupt? No thanks.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 6, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
Sarkozy out, Hollande in. First leftist head of French gov since 95.

Meanwhile, the Nazi party in Greece has gathered enough votes to have representatives in Parliament for the first time in at least 40 years.

Maybe someone should introduce legislation banning divorce. Then we'll see where the Christian Right sits. Cuz, ya know, we breeders do marriage SO WELL....

(Full Disclosure: My wife and I are both on our second marriages. Both of our parents are also divorced, my mom married only once, my dad has been married and divorced 3x. My wife's mom is on marriage number 2 and her father is on marriage number 3)

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 9, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Maybe someone should introduce legislation banning divorce. Then we'll see where the Christian Right sits. Cuz, ya know, we breeders do marriage SO WELL....

(Full Disclosure: My wife and I are both on our second marriages. Both of our parents are also divorced, my mom married only once, my dad has been married and divorced 3x. My wife's mom is on marriage number 2 and her father is on marriage number 3)

People regularly introduce bills like that. The bill gets laughed off and then we get back to the important business of beating up q**ers.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
The sanctity of marriage will be ruined if we let 2 people of the same gender marry!

Oh for the good old days when the sanctity of marriage was being ruined by letting 2 people of different races marry.

Last time North Carolina amended its constitution regarding marriage:

interracial_marriage2.jpg

President endorses gay marriage in interview with ABC.

F***ing A.

"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama told Roberts, in an interview to appear on ABC’s “Good Morning America” Thursday. Excerpts of the interview will air tonight on ABC’s “World News with Diane Sawyer.”