WHO SQUEALED? THOMAS VOTING

JUGGERNAUT

They took away the verification key variable in the html.

If you use the html I put together, it doesn't give a verfication key & it doesn't need one. When you vote, it thanks you for your vote.

I'm not sure if these will count though since they have no keys.

I remember someone saying the same thing happens on a mac. No key.

So that would suggest these votes will count.

Well you can give it a try.

What to do with the html I gave soxfan1:

Download it to your pc.

Inside your browser choose open file & open that html. When it's loaded fill in the e-mail field & zip code. The age is locked at 23. No need to bother with it. Then choose Frank & Santi & you're done.

No need for the key since it gives you the thank you note as confirmation your vote made it to the server. All of the field validation is on the client end.

What would really help is if someone could call the help number & ask them if their vote still counts when it doesn't ask for verif key. Just tell them you're on a mac & it's not giving the key.

If they say yes, then automation with the html is a snap.

There's no need to cut & paste so it amounts to nothing more than vote, back, vote, back, vote, back, etc.

The VB script can easily be adapted to that.

Huh? :huh: I dont get what you mean by this:

Download it to your pc.

Inside your browser choose open file & open that html. When it's loaded fill in the e-mail field & zip code. The age is locked at 23. No need to bother with it. Then choose Frank & Santi & you're done.

I don't believe MLB made this change because of "automated" voters.

I think the change was made in respect to the mac users not having to enter a key to vote.

The pre-07/08 vote page used to check to see if the key you entered matched the true verification key returned from the system.

The 07/08 vote page just checks if the you entered something for key.

This tells me they had trouble running the encryption on the mac so in order to force mac users to put something in there they check for non blank key.

That strongly suggests that the key:

1) does not have to be unique

2) just needs to be non-blank

I don't believe MLB made this change because of "automated" voters.

I think the change was made in respect to the mac users not having to enter a key to vote.

The pre-07/08 vote page used to check to see if the key you entered matched the true verification key returned from the system.

The 07/08 vote page just checks if the you entered something for key.

This tells me they had trouble running the encryption on the mac so in order to force mac users to put something in there they check for non blank key.

That strongly suggests that the key:

1) does not have to be unique

2) just needs to be non-blank

Have you been doing the automated vote?

They closed the hole pretty good. The key is no longer loaded into a form field and only appears as a picture image. So there's no way to copy or paste it automatically.

However; since the latest page from mlb has commented out the call to GetEncryptKey the encryption3.swf amounts to a random number generator.

There is nothing to assoc that key with that instance of the page.

Likewise the initial page from mlb would check the key entered vs the key returned from Encrypt Key. So the original design had the key validation in the client end. Once again making it believable that there is no association between the key & a vote.

On that basis, I'm going to greatly condense my html into a lean mean vote submitter and make use of a rand function to generate the key.

The votes, will either count or they'll be thrown out.

Last night I was able to do close to 10,000 with valid verification keys.

So I think the effort was worth it in the long run.