Sox @ Rangers 7-11-08

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 01:24 AM)
If he runs hard at all, he gets a triple. And I'd argue relatively easily. He slow jogged it for 150 feet and walked it in the last 30.

It's a 6 run game...not exactly a tie game leading off the 9th inning. I have no problem with him not pushing it and CQ not sliding. It's just one game, rather not see an injury.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
If he runs hard at all, he gets a triple. And I'd argue relatively easily. He slow jogged it for 150 feet and walked it in the last 30.

What's the difference...he scored. geez-us.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
Why does DJ keep saying the Rangers are without some of their stars? Laird was hitting .306 before his injury but he's a .257 career hitter and Blalock got off the HGH 2 years ago.

That Milton Bradley guy is pretty good.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
What's the difference...he scored. geez-us.

There was no guarantee he was gonna score. A runner on 3rd with 0 outs is better than a runner on 2nd with no outs and the probability of scoring is much higher. I can understand if it was like the 8th inning and you're down 6, but it's the 4th. Show a little f***ing effort. Then you see a guy like Boggs running his ass off down the line up 6-0 when he grounds one to 1st base.

QUOTE (Hanky Panky @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
Before I make a new thread, did I just hear on the Sports Night commercial that Ozzie said Barry Bonds has a shot with the Sox? Did anyone else hear that?

With Thome starting to hit, I don't think there'd be a place for Bonds. Even if we released/traded Konerko, we'd put Wise/Anderson in CF, Swisher at 1B, and Thome at DH.

I will say, for the minimum, if we had a spot, I wouldn't mind it.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Hanky Panky @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 02:31 AM)
Before I make a new thread, did I just hear on the Sports Night commercial that Ozzie said Barry Bonds has a shot with the Sox? Did anyone else hear that?

I would guess Ozzie said he wouldn't be opposed to it. It will never happen though.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
With Thome starting to hit, I don't think there'd be a place for Bonds. Even if we released/traded Konerko, we'd put Wise/Anderson in CF, Swisher at 1B, and Thome at DH.

That's exactly what I think. AND PAULIE SUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Paulie looks terrible.

I've always been a fan of Paulie...but with him in the lineup...basically the last 2 years...this team OOZES his demeanor when he's in the lineup...LIFELESS.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
How did Swisher hit 22 HR last year and 35 the year before in a semi-pitcher's park in Oakland?

He'll hit 22 or more this year. He also didn't have Greg Walker as his hitting coach.