Sox @ Rangers 7-11-08

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Maybe you can say something of substance...

Boston, LAA, Milwaukee, Tampa, Toronto, Oakland, Cubs, Arizona all have better starting staffs IMO. I'd have to look a little bit more to see if I could find more teams.

I'm a guy who takes quality over quantity. So I look at a team like Milwaukee with two #1 starters and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have their rotation. And Bush, Suppan, and Parra have pitched about as well as Contreras and Vazquez.

Maybe the the Sox have the best #4 and #5 starters (Vazquez and Count) in the league but come playoff time that doesn't really matter much.

I suppose stats don't mean much to you. But ok.

Floyd better not hang that curveball tonight, or else it's going to be a big problem. That is the key for him, his fastball usually is pretty good, as long as the curveball is there to help he should be ok. Gotta score some runs though, I'd say half a dozen a game if you want to win against that team at that park.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
The pitcher we're facing tonight has TERRIBLE numbers. If we can't win, I will be very upset. :bringit

Does Jorge De La Rosa ring a bell to you? The White Sox can hit anybody if they feature a fastball and a bad/no change up. However, we can't hit anybody with a good straight change or an effective off-speed pitch.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
Does Jorge De La Rosa ring a bell to you? The White Sox can hit anybody if they feature a fastball and a bad/no change up. However, we can't hit anybody with a good straight change or an effective off-speed pitch.

The De LaRosa game was the most frustrating game of the season for me thus far.... ugh.

Sweet, 2 men on for Hamilton. A big series, and he can have 100 RBI at the ASB.

Edit: Gavin's curveball is just brutal so far. He's thrown 8 of them, 7 for balls, and the other was a hit.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
Sweet, 2 men on for Hamilton. A big series, and he can have 100 RBI at the ASB.

Edit: Gavin's curveball is just brutal so far. He's thrown 8 of them, 7 for balls, and the other was a hit.

Haha. He gets the hook over when it counts.