If you won the lottery...

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, no way to keep it private for very long. So you just have to deal with that.

I'd make certain my parents and kids were taken care of. I'd buy a round of virtual drinks for my virtual friends :cheers

A 45' ish sailboat, something I could single hand or made easier with one other Crew member. Adios for a couple years.

I think this says it all:

Well I lost an eye in Mexico

Lost two teeth where I don't know

People see me comin' and they move to the other side

of the road.

I robbed a liquor store

To make myself at home a few times

Borrowed myself a car when I needed it.

I got me a shack at the bottom of the road

Fixin' cars and givin' tows

Spend all my money on the lottery.

When I win the lottery gonna buy all girls on my block

A color TV and a bottle of French perfume

When I win the lottery gonna donate half my money to

the city

So they have to name a street or a school or a park

after me

When I win the lottery

Never run a flag up a pole

Like Mr. Red, White, and Blue down the road

But I never called myself a hero for killing a known

communist.

Now I can walk into any old bar

Find a fight without looking too hard

But I never killed someone I don't know just 'cause

someone told me to.

And when I win the lottery

Gonna buy the house next to Mr. Red, White and Blue

And when I win the lottery

Gonna buy Post 306 American Legion, paint it red with

five gold stars.

When I win the lottery.

When the end comes to this old world

The rocks will cry and the rest will curl up

And God won't take the time to sort your ass from

mine.

'Cause we zig and zag between good and bad

Stumble and fall on right and wrong

'Cause the tumbling dice and the luck of the draw

just leads us on.

And when I win the lottery, gonna buy all the girls

on my block

Silver-plated six shooters and a quart of the finest

highland scotch

'Cause when I win the lottery, the rocks will shake

their heads and say that

God is good but surely works in mysterious ways.

When I win the lottery.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:47 PM)
two chicks at the same time

You dont need three hundred million to do two chicks at the same time.

I would hire a film crew to document the rise and fall of a new money millionaire so I could sell my story after I went broke and hopefully make some money with it. Then I would buy a fleet of H1 Hummers and me and my friends would drive around and go to gas stations and fill them up all the time and laugh at everyone struggling with gas prices and possibly even have gasoline fights Zoolander style.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)
You dont need three hundred million to do two chicks at the same time.

You're forgetting that there are only 1.5 chicks in South Dakota, so wite would have to fly them in, after constructing the state's first airport. It adds up pretty quick. :D

I can't imagine much to do with that much money. The only immediate thing would be buying a house. The rest would be invested.

See, lotto gods, that's why I deserve it more. Even though I don't buy tickets. :)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
No way I'd want to win 300M. Life = ruined.

I'd honestly rather win 1 million. You could do that and move on with life, and it would be a good life.

Solution: Sign a contract giving everything in excess of $1 mil to me. Pareto improvements as far as the eye can see...

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:19 AM)
First off, no way to keep it private for very long. So you just have to deal with that.

I'd make certain my parents and kids were taken care of. I'd buy a round of virtual drinks for my virtual friends :cheers

A 45' ish sailboat, something I could single hand or made easier with one other Crew member. Adios for a couple years.

Virtual drinks? Oh hell no! ... You'd be flying me into South Padre Island and ahowing me a damn good time. At least, you better! :D

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)
Solution: Sign a contract giving everything in excess of $1 mil to me. Pareto improvements as far as the eye can see...

I suppose in truth, I could give all but $1M to various charities and non=profits. Maybe buy large shares in a few alternative energy companies. Or give my money to the poster known as jackie hayes. Whatever works.

As long as the amount of money I ended up with was small enough that I wouldn't have the entire world looking for handouts.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
After all of the immediate families were taken care of, I would buy a minority share of the White Sox to try to get onto the board of directors and get into the management side of sports.

2K5 on the Sox BOD = 51,000+ internal emails.

:D

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 11:13 AM)
Five words... three hundred million lotto tickets.

That made me laugh.

If I won 300M, I'd buy houses in the Chicago area for everyone in my family.............and then move somewhere else.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
I suppose in truth, I could give all but $1M to various charities and non=profits. Maybe buy large shares in a few alternative energy companies. Or give my money to the poster known as jackie hayes. Whatever works.

As long as the amount of money I ended up with was small enough that I wouldn't have the entire world looking for handouts.

The latter choice totally works.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
No way I'd want to win 300M. Life = ruined.

I'd honestly rather win 1 million. You could do that and move on with life, and it would be a good life.

What is funny or ironic I guess, is basically it would allow me to retire, and at my age retirement would be hiking every long trail in the US and perhaps living aboard a sailboat. So winning lotto would allow me to lower my living expenses to a backpack, some boot, ramen noodles and a packet of tuna. I'm guessing you would be in the minority that could win that big and still stay grounded.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
Virtual drinks? Oh hell no! ... You'd be flying me into South Padre Island and ahowing me a damn good time. At least, you better! :D

Hell no, sky box at Yankee stadium and we all moon Steinbrenner. Bail and the lawyers are on me :lol:

Seriously there would be a Soxtalk party involved somewhere. It would be a real party with inflatable chicks and everything

First I'd pay off my student loans, mortgage, etc (and my parents' and sisters'). Then I'd buy the sweetest Bernina or Husqvarna on the market. Then I'd go on the awesomest vacation in the history of time. Probably put more in trust for my parents' old age and any kids I may have. Then I'd set up a lot of scholarship funds for undergrads (and graduate students). Use the rest (except a little nest egg) to start a nonprofit for my favorite causes.