SOX @ Texas Rangers, 7/13, 2:05 PM, CSN, AM 670

MHizzle85

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So Thome already has a double today. Lets say in his next 3 ABs he goes 2-3 with a HR and a single. And finishes the day 3-4 w/ HR, 2B, 1B. That would push his OBP to .379 and his SLG to .521 which would put his OPS at .900 for the first half of the 2008 season.

Jose dropping down si just bad because he only throws a fastball when he drops down. Plus, the more he drops down, the more its a sign that he's fatigued and his velocity is down. Man, I hope somehow KW shocks me and has the guts to deal Jose and finds another starter to plug into the rotation.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 11:21 AM)
Don't feel like watching Jose pitch today so will probably be flipping thru other games when Texas bats.

I never like watching Jose pitch. The only time it was okay was when he was on his dominant role and thats because he wasnt putting base-runners on. He falls behind batters, is horrifcly slow and is just the epitome of the type of pitcher I can't stand watching (ie, ones that pitch slow). I'm a huge fan of the Buehrle/Maddux of the world.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 08:21 PM)
WTF, I haven't checked the scores yet today, and Hawk said the Tigers were up 13-2.

Asshole, it was 3-2.

On the other hand, at least he was wrong in declaring Hamilton's as a base hit in the 9th last night.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
So Thome already has a double today. Lets say in his next 3 ABs he goes 2-3 with a HR and a single. And finishes the day 3-4 w/ HR, 2B, 1B. That would push his OBP to .379 and his SLG to .521 which would put his OPS at .900 for the first half of the 2008 season.

Good stuff.

Kudos to Jim for bouncing back the way he has. We need him.