SOX @ Texas Rangers, 7/13, 2:05 PM, CSN, AM 670

MHizzle85

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
9 LOB, holy s***.

the sad thing is thats the second most runners left on base by a single player today. Mora had 11 earlier.

Way to have a carry over PK. All the good you did yesterday has been erased by this s***ty performance. I like Paulie but this team is better without him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Lost in the PK hate sure to come over the all-star break is that Contreras is completely unreliable.

Lost by who? Who on here has ANY confidence in him?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
the sad thing is thats the second most runners left on base by a single player today. Mora had 11 earlier.

Way to have a carry over PK. All the good you did yesterday has been erased by this s***ty performance. I like Paulie but this team is better without him.

Yeap. His slow ass grounded into a crucial double play with men on the corners and one out. He also did hit the ball pretty hard once, but it got chased down by Byrd. Nevertheless, that last AB was brutal. He swung at a terrible pitch and let a pitch he can crush go. Paulie, once again, outguessed himself.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
Lost by who? Who on here has ANY confidence in him?

Same goes for Mr. Logan. These games in Texas really hurt our pitching staff's ego, I can tell you that. Our bullpen couldn't lock it down today, I think that was almost bigger than Konerko being bad.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
What did Wilson do?

Raise his hands in the air. Nothing worthy of retaliation.

Someone should retaliate against Konerko for being useless today.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
Lost in the PK hate sure to come over the all-star break is that Contreras is completely unreliable.

I was thinking about this on my way home before the 9th started. I dont know what Kenny can do but Contreras is DONE. We should be thankful for the job he did for most of the first half but he has lost it for good. And with Javy not pitching good, we cant afford to have Contreras out there pitching down the stretch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 12:06 AM)

We were discussing earlier how we are going to desperately need a fifth starter for the stretch run. The problem being getting rid of Count's roster spot. He has nothing anymore.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)

No, the difference here is about everyone realizes Contreras is unreliable whereas Soxtalk is still divided on the usefulness of Konerko.

What the hell was that???

I suppose you could look on the good side and say that the team battled. But Ozzie failed to put us in a position to win by totally mismanaging the pitching staff. We had one pitcher who was good today -- Nick Masset -- and Ozzie used him for only two innings. He should have pitched 5-6 innings.

And then that hitting. 22 hits and it looks like we can't do anything to bring a runner in from third, or move them over, or do anything right.

Konerko -- the day after going 4 for 4, goes 0 for 6 and leaves 9 men on base. In his last AB, swings at ball 4, then looks at strike 3.

It looks like we're going to be in some serious trouble in the second half.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
We were discussing earlier how we are going to desperately need a fifth starter for the stretch run. The problem being getting rid of Count's roster spot. He has nothing anymore.

Give Jose a couple of more starts. You can say that his start in KC was a fluke because he was awfully pissed and pitched like crap. However, a defensive lapse in that game involving Konerko and Contreras himself seemed to be pretty vital in that bad outing. You can't really judge pitchers who pitch in Arlington. Ground balls turn into base hits in that place. Fly balls turn into homers. It's like playing in a dome with a wind blowing out. It did seem like Jose was throwing a lot of strikes and a lot of first pitch strikes. Point is however, is that the entire Sox pitching staff did that today and got clobbered. Tip your cap to the Rangers, they're not the best offense in all of Major League Baseball for no apparent reason.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
What the hell was that???

I suppose you could look on the good side and say that the team battled. But Ozzie failed to put us in a position to win by totally mismanaging the pitching staff. We had one pitcher who was good today -- Nick Masset -- and Ozzie used him for only two innings. He should have pitched 5-6 innings.

And then that hitting. 22 hits and it looks like we can't do anything to bring a runner in from third, or move them over, or do anything right.

Konerko -- the day after going 4 for 4, goes 0 for 6 and leaves 9 men on base. In his last AB, swings at ball 4, then looks at strike 3.

I totally agree on Masset. After Logan got eaten alive yesterday, that made absolutely no sense. Especially because Masset shut the Rangers down.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
Give Jose a couple of more starts. You can say that his start in KC was a fluke because he was awfully pissed and pitched like crap. However, a defensive lapse in that game involving Konerko and Contreras himself seemed to be pretty vital in that bad outing. You can't really judge pitchers who pitch in Arlington. Ground balls turn into base hits in that place. Fly balls turn into homers. It's like playing in a dome with a wind blowing out. It did seem like Jose was throwing a lot of strikes and a lot of first pitch strikes. Point is however, is that the entire Sox pitching staff did that today and got clobbered. Tip your cap to the Rangers, they're not the best offense in all of Major League Baseball for no apparent reason.

Guillen needs to be crucified in the media if he sticks with Contreras very long into the second half of the season. His fastball and forkball have become less and less reliable. We can't have these starts ever 5 days when Buehrle and Danks seem to be the only reliable pitchers as of late.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
Guillen needs to be crucified in the media if he sticks with Contreras very long into the second half of the season. His fastball and forkball have become less and less reliable. We can't have these starts ever 5 days when Buehrle and Danks seem to be the only reliable pitchers as of late.

A couple of starts, not 20 starts. Thing is, who else can we start? Broadway? Masset? LOAIZA???

Eh, I really don't think there are many options that are much better.

I also noticed that Jose went to his old windup today with the arms over his head. Why did he do that? He seemed effective with his new windup.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
Those were 2 bad losses this weekend. At least the Tigers came through for us by beating the Twins. I didn't get to see the game, it looks like Jose had a bad one today.

You better be John Danks good to pitch well vs. the Rangers in their park.

I was listening to it on the radio since I was out for lunch today. I heard a lot of first pitch strikes from Jose. But, after getting ahead, he'd mess around a bit and the Rangers hitters would just crush some pitches. If this was against some other team, he might of done a bit better.

Would you have said that if Konerko got 2 hits today and we won?

This team is what it is (cliche).

But to say we're going to be in "serious trouble" the second half off today's game is stupid.

I tend to overreact myself, but people are out of control with their overreacting after losses and being giddy after wins.

My god there has to be some halfway ground.

So Oz has been blamed for every loss this season. No different from EVERY OTHER MANAGER.

You always can second guess.

Somebody also said:

"Guillen needs to be crucified in the media if he sticks with Contreras very long into the second half of the season"

--It won't just be Ozzie's call. We also have a GM who makes decisions on personnel.

Edited by greg775