SOX @ Texas Rangers, 7/13, 2:05 PM, CSN, AM 670

MHizzle85

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Has our bullpen had a game since Joe Morgan proclaimed it was the best ever where they didn't allow a run?

This pen isn't so great without Jenks as an anchor.

Horrible game all-around, especially by Ozzie. Leaving Contreras in too long and then taking Massett out when he was pitching well and has been the only pitcher to stop their offense. My god, we can't hit with runners in scoring position, field apparently nor pitch. What a s***ty way to go into the all-star break.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
We could have easily won this game, even with Contreras performing how he did. Ozzie messed it up. Have a good all-star break guys.

Ozzie wasn't great today, but the execution by these guys was f***ing awful. This is just one game, but Sox fans should be scared to death regarding Jose's outlook for the 2nd half.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:23 PM)
I'm convinced this team is better without both Swisher and PK in the lineup against LHP. Swisher is just terrible against lefties, and that hurts because CQ and Crede suck against them also.

Agreed... I'm also convinced this team is better without Konerko on it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
Ozzie wasn't great today, but the execution by these guys was f***ing awful. This is just one game, but Sox fans should be scared to death regarding Jose's outlook for the 2nd half.

I was criticized for having zero faith in Jose. He is absolutely brutal.

As bad as the hitting has been in this game, this game is being lost by Ozzie's poor management of his pitching staff.

If you had gotten Contreras out before he gave up the lead in the third and brought Masset in, and then left him in for more than two innings, we should be ahead in this game. Carrasco gave us 5+ innings the other day. No reason with the break coming up that Masset couldn't have done the same.