7/23 - SOX vs. TEX, 1:05 pm, CSN

knightni

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Hit-and-runs with two on, no out are very risky. Carlos has been swinging and missing more than not recently, add OC's not so great speed at second and you risk running yourself into the first out at third--an ultimate baseball no-no.

The ole Hawkaroo claims OC is the best base stealer we have. Must not be saying much I guess

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Let me know when it makes sense to judge a pitcher based on W-L.

Javy gets paid a lot of money. It would be nice if he could allow less runs than what the Sox score on occasion. As DAllen says all the time, he puts up the big numbers in terms of strike outs, but he struggles to actually win games.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
Obviously the last series there is a HUGE exception, but I think the Sox have played the Tigers well the last 2 years. Hopefully it is a veteran enough team to shake off this homestand and the last series and go give them hell

Maybe we match up better against them or something, but I think you are right

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
That's the problem. Waiting for the homer train. We need to be more aggressive then that

In the 7th, I don't think you have much of a choice. If he swings and misses chances are one of those guys is out. Its just too bad hit hit into a DP. A pop out there and its probably at least 8-6 right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
Javy gets paid a lot of money. It would be nice if he could allow less runs than what the Sox score on occasion. As DAllen says all the time, he puts up the big numbers in terms of strike outs, but he struggles to actually win games.

I wonder what Javy's stats are when his team is in first place or within 3 games. I think if he spent his entire career withw the Pittsburgh Pirates he would have a Cy Young or 2 right now.

Well, if the Sox go on to lose this game I won't be able to monitor them closely for about 10 days since I'm leaving for Ireland tomorrow. They obviously haven't been spectacular as of late, but this is still a good team and the Tigers have been bi-polar this year and the Twins just got swept by the Yankees. Hopefully the Sox turn it around while I'm gone and I can monitor good news.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Obviously the last series there is a HUGE exception, but I think the Sox have played the Tigers well the last 2 years. Hopefully it is a veteran enough team to shake off this homestand and the last series and go give them hell

The pitching match-ups IMO favor Detroit. Gavin has been semi-shakey, Verlander pitched very well last time out vs us and has pitched very well lately, and Miner's ERA is around 3.7. IMO, we have to win 1, and winning 2 or 3 is a bonus. In Minnesota, we have to win 2, 3, or 4.