Your second place Chicago White Sox

fathom

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Also, just to get it out of the way -- why does this thread need to exist; isn't there enough negativity?! We should be able to create White Sox winner threads and first place threads, but nothing else!

If the powers that be don't think we should put Twins related stuff in this post, they can feel free to delete this thread. I went out of my way to make my initial post as positive as can be.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Here's the reason I started this...I think it would be a good idea to put Twins related stuff into this thread. The AL Central thread has very few posts on a weekly basis.

Well, I'm going to ignore your supposed reason (which is crap) and just post my negative remarks in here if that's ok.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
Here's the reason I started this...I think it would be a good idea to put Twins related stuff into this thread. The AL Central thread has very few posts on a weekly basis.

So you started a thread about the Twins and called it "Your second place Chicago White Sox"?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
So you started a thread about the Twins and called it "Your second place Chicago White Sox"?

Screw it, just delete the thread if people have such a problem with it. Sorry for the confusion about my motives.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
Be honest Flash, do you think I would actually sugarcoat stuff?

I don't believe you would. But you would come up with an alternate reason for posting negativity as to to appease the cult of positive soxtalk members.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
I don't have any problems with a negative thread. But I think you're just wussing out.

If I wanted it to be a perennial loser thread, I just would have called it "the official White Sox suck and Ozzie needs to be fired thread"

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
Screw it, just delete the thread if people have such a problem with it. Sorry for the confusion about my motives.

Whoa, now. Stand by your guns. You should just admit you started this thread for a place to post negative comments. Why give people the satisfaction of deleting this thread? It'll be true in about an inning.

You should know by now there are people who criticize everything you say. Earlier in this thread I was just attempting to get out their arguments so we can begin commenting on the nature of this ballcub (which, as of recently, is a large ball of sucktitude)

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
Whoa, now. Stand by your guns. You should just admit you started this thread for a place to post negative comments. Why give people the satisfaction of deleting this thread? It'll be true in about an inning.

You should know by now there are people who criticize everything you say. Earlier in this thread I was just attempting to get out their arguments so we can begin commenting on the nature of this ballcub (which, as of recently, is a large ball of sucktitude)

People do sure seem to get a lot pissier about my comments when the Sox are losing.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)

You are right in the sucktitude. I guess my only complaint for a lot of people around here (and definiterly not fathom, at lease he's consistent, :lol: ) is that they aren't around until this kind of stuff happens, then we see them like crazy. I don't know why that has to be, but as I said before, ya'll have fun. I just hope it's a short lived, eye opening view from below.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
People do sure seem to get a lot pissier about my comments when the Sox are losing.

Ha, yeah they do. Which is why this thread may be a blend of negativity/ posters coming in just to say this thread is your dream.