Your second place Chicago White Sox

fathom

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
Ha, yeah they do. Which is why this thread may be a blend of negativity/ posters coming in just to say this thread is your dream.

Yep, those would be the posters who don't seem to comment on the game. Rather, they just comment on posts made by people criticizing the team.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rather have the idiotic 'Your first place White Sox thread' and day by day follow the shrinking lead we had over the Twins.

Common, we are all White Sox fans and we are want this team to succeed but something needs to be done, everyone is saying how good we are at home, NOT THE LAST THREE SERIES we weren't. Hopefully we can be in first place ASAP but we need to start playing baseball not tball.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
Thanks again to Kenny for getting us some pitching. Good thing he spent time working on a Griffey trade.

In Kenny's defense, he doesn't have anything to trade for top-line pitching right now. And our supposed "ace" didn't exactly help yesterday, either.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
In Kenny's defense, he doesn't have anything to trade for top-line pitching right now. And our supposed "ace" didn't exactly help yesterday, either.

Yeah, I suppose I can't blame Kenny too much because I have absolutely no knowledge of any trade discussions. It is just frustrating seeing other teams get help (Cubs, Yanks) without seemingly giving up much value. I just hope KW couldn't drum up enough interest in Fields as opposed to the other way around.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:20 PM)
Yeah, I suppose I can't blame Kenny too much because I have absolutely no knowledge of any trade discussions. It is just frustrating seeing other teams get help (Cubs, Yanks) without seemingly giving up much value. I just hope KW couldn't drum up enough interest in Fields as opposed to the other way around.

It does suck, and it's tough to out-bid other teams that have more young talent to deal. Being in the Central also immediately took us out of the CC sweepstakes. That said, I do think that Kenny may have had a chance at somebody like Maddux or Lowe. That would be a low-impact trade on the surface, but not so much when one considers that our other #5 options consisted of Richard, Carrasco, and Masset. But, like you said, we don't know what the asking price was for those two.

I'll keep this short and sweet. We earned our way out of first place with our pitching and defense the last month, hopefully we can earn our way back into first place with improved pitching and defense in the near future. I have been wrong about basically every team in the AL Central this year outside of Kansas City, hopefully I continue to be wrong with how I feel about the Sox chances right now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
I'll keep this short and sweet. We earned our way out of first place with our pitching and defense the last month, hopefully we can earn our way back into first place with improved pitching and defense in the near future. I have been wrong about basically every team in the AL Central this year outside of Kansas City, hopefully I continue to be wrong with how I feel about the Sox chances right now.

Agreed.

I have hope the Sox will pull out of this, but I don't want to hear about schedules or home dates or players coming off the DL right now. Today, I just want to be pissed at the baseball team I love. We gave up multiple leads in Minny when we could have buried them. Then we played like crap in KC. Hopefully home cooking will help, but today, right now, we suck.

AJ Burnett would look nice right now, not sure about what the price was but possibly what the Cubs gave the A's for Harden. Oh well, this sucks. We need Linebrink back asap!!! Bring out Broadway back or something I have no idea. Get rid of Logan

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 10:37 PM)
Jose Contreras' line after the first inning today:

1 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 0 K, 3 R, 3 ER.

28 pitches -- 13 strikes. 3 ground outs.

Awesome!!

But Ozzie was encouraged when he talked to him!!! Mercy, just start Carrasco or Poreda.