Your second place Chicago White Sox

fathom

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Swish move up ahead of Quentin in the 2 spot. Not only is the OC/AJ combo have the worst OBP in our lineup, but aside from Ramirez, are the two least patient hitters. Getting Carlos to see some more pitches and getting a higher OBP ahead of him can only help. In a lineup without Pauly, OC and AJ are our two least productive hitters. It doesn't make sense to keep them there, IMO.

Edited by sircaffey

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
It's amazing how we've missed Galarraga all season.

The White Sox website only has the first 3 listed.

They might switch Mark with Richard/Contreras/whoever because of the extra day off, going back to how rotation looked like before Mark's departure for the funeral.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
I'd like to see Swish move up ahead of Quentin in the 2 spot. Not only is the OC/AJ combo have the worst OBP in our lineup, but aside from Ramirez, are the two least patient hitters. Getting Carlos to see some more pitches and getting a higher OBP ahead of him can only help. In a lineup without Pauly, OC and AJ are our two least productive hitters. It doesn't make sense to keep them there, IMO.

I haven't been a fan of the batting AJ second plan. I like Ramirez at 9th but wouldn't mind him going to 1st in order to move Cabrera to 2nd. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Griffey bat 2nd if he was healthy enough.

Cabrera, Griffey, Quentin, Dye, Thome, Konerko/Swisher, Crede, Pierzynski, Ramirez.

Haha sorry I'm just making up crazy lineups tonight.

I've never seen someone bail ship on a team as quickly as some (or just one, not sure exactly) in this thread. They are a half game out and are two weeks of hot baseball away from being in first place by 3 games again. In the meantime, the White Sox struggled on a road trip, like 90% of the rest of baseball this year, and the Twins won games at home. Big f'ing deal.

I don't see this slide continuing, but they do need to get their s*** together and quickly if they are to remain in the hunt. Two dreadful weeks - which will be hard for this team to do at home - will take them out of the race very quickly.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
We're 12-15 in our last 27. That is not a slump at this point.

wow, if that doesn't put reality into perspective.............

I still cannot understand how a pitching staff simultaneously implodes, how it's even possible for so many individuals to just lose it in the blink of an eye :unsure:

I'm hoping finally, finally dropping out of first is a kick in the a** to get this group to put a chip back on their shoulders, play with some passion and anger, or something, anything to stop looking so defeated..............and this my friends is where I believe a manager is resonsible for brininging that intensity back, and I just don't think we have the right skipper to do that. We're seeing the 4th second half plummet in a row, with many roster changes, but one manager throughout.

Hell, at my 6 yr olds' AS game today the coach gave a more passionate, motivating mid-game speech than I could ever imagine Ozzy giving.

This is laughable. Ya'll do what you want, but there were a hell of a lot of you creaming your pants to start this thread.

Have fun, and enjoy it!

You can't believe anybody who takes time to post on here wants the Sox to be in second place just to say they were right? We all want the Sox to finish first, preferably with the best record so they could get home field throughought. I don't follow any other team as closely as the Sox so I can't comment on whether they have as many holes as we seem to have the past few weeks. But right now things sure have sucked with KC winning 4 of 6 versus the Sox and this road trip being pretty much a bummer at 4-6. The 1-2 in KC actually is kind of embarrassing following the Minnie disaster. The Richard experiment was a colossal failure at least for this season. The pen has sucked since Morgan jinxed it. The defense has been below average and the starting pitching below average. I know anything can happen in baseball, but don't you all agree the s***tiness against KC signals cause for alarm?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:49 PM)
There are Sox fans on this board, and there are self absorb posters who are fans of themselves. They would rather be right then have the team win. :lolhitting

I'm with you Tex, and even though they may never realize it or admit it, there are many posters who will take great pleasure in telling us "I told you so!"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
You can't believe anybody who takes time to post on here wants the Sox to be in second place just to say they were right?

If they posted the team was going to be in second place, then hell yes I'm saying there are posters here who would rather be right then have good things they did not predict happen to the team. They want Fields -or- Crede to fail. They want Buerhle to not be an ace. etc. They want to show they are smarter then Williams or Guillen. I've read it for 5 years around here. As soon as something bad happens that they predicted they start a thread gloating. Mariotti would fit in very nicely around here.

Just wanted to throw a couple of things out here...

#1 For those who like to throw judgements out on player, posters, the team etc, don't be surprised when the same stick gets applied to measure yourself. If you don't like the spotlight on yourself, you probably shouldn't be so eager to shine it on others.

#2 This is a board of Sox fans. People want to see the Sox win because they enjoy it. Most people like to take the positive experience out of stuff, and leave the negative behind. Why dwell on the bad parts of something that is supposed to provide entertainment, not to make up your lives. I know for a small vocal minority, being a fan means that a loss has to ruin your life, but most don't have time, nor the desire, to play that type of drama queen.

#3 If there is a problem with the people on this board, or the way that it is run, there are other options for your posting enjoyment. No one is forced to stay here. Heck if it seems so easy to manage 4000+ posters and nearly 2 million posts, feel free to make a run at it yourself.

#4 Don't forget the rules of personal attacks and the like. The whole reason that these exist is to make the experience here open, but respectful to some extent. You don't have to like the post or the person delivering the message, but you can't attack them. Also, just because you edit a post, doesn't mean you get away with the attack. In fact in the end, it is only going to make things worse, because then one of us has to dig into the database if the post gets reported, and that will only piss that person off more.

#5 As always, we are open to discussion of whatever is going on here. You can feel free to vent on the board, IM, email, or PM. Contact your favorite mod/admin with comments, concerns, ideas etc.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 06:47 AM)
If they posted the team was going to be in second place, then hell yes I'm saying there are posters here who would rather be right then have good things they did not predict happen to the team. They want Fields -or- Crede to fail. They want Buerhle to not be an ace. etc. They want to show they are smarter then Williams or Guillen. I've read it for 5 years around here. As soon as something bad happens that they predicted they start a thread gloating. Mariotti would fit in very nicely around here.

I'm with you on this one. I have a feeling that may be why you do a lot of your posting in the SLaM forum.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
I feel the same about this team as I did back in May when they originally took first place -- good enough to win the AL Central, but I don't see them making any noise in the playoffs.

Indeed. They are clearly not built to make a long post season run.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
I feel the same about this team as I did back in May when they originally took first place -- good enough to win the AL Central, but I don't see them making any noise in the playoffs.

Maybe I'm spoiled from our most recent playoff run, but I feel like we can do anything in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
Maybe I'm spoiled from our most recent playoff run, but I feel like we can do anything in the playoffs.

That was a 99 game winning team with excellent pitching, speed, defense and clutch hitting. This team is not as good.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 08:11 AM)
That was a 99 game winning team with excellent pitching, speed, defense and clutch hitting. This team is not as good.

But the stats don't lie! LOLERZ!

IMO, it's about intestinal fortitude, if you will, and sometimes, I don't see the Rowand, er I mean, passion, from this team. Of course it was ALL Rowand, we know it. :lolhitting

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)

It was also a team coming off of a horrid second half.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
It was also a team coming off of a horrid second half.

At least they had a huge cushion to fall back on. This team didn't have that luxury. With the addition of Liriano to the twins rotation I'm not liking our chances. I hope I'm wrong.