Quentin out of lineup til Thurs

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
The music = Trollers? Ok.

What about the previous game where I stated the game was over, and took flak from a few posters for making that prediction.

Guess what, Tony? I didn't come back with the adolescent "I told you so!" posts for those who said we were going to win that game when we DID end up losing.

Some of the people here, seriously. Visit the chat sometime, I'm definitely not the only person who feels this way about this place. You guys have more posters who care more about 1-upping people who make false predictions, than they care about the games, or their fellow Sox fans. That's a joke, IMO.

If the site is so bad, why hang out here?

You make a prediction, someone will probably call you on it if you're wrong. That's the way things go here. If you want a board that is more heavily policed for things like that, this isn't it. We allow things to flow more smoothly, and we don't bring down the hammer unless there are personal attacks (on posters or players).

If you don't like people's posts, ignore them. Or, don't make over the top predictions.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Looks like you just troll through the threads to find predictions that end up being wrong, just to get your jollies.

Congratulations, I'm glad you value your time. What a joke.

Javy's sucked this year. The fact that you're not disputing that fact, and instead are just fishing for the "I proved you wrong" arguement, just proves you're a troll.

I have the right as does anyone to make predictions, right or wrong. Do us all a favor here and add something else to the conversations besides "LOL U WERE WRONG". Child.

feel free to cite other examples where i troll through threads looking to prove folks wrong.

the simple fact is you tried to be a smarmy ass and you were wrong. a man could take it in good humor and say you got me on this one. you know, maybe you'd laugh and be happy since javy pitched well and the sox won. instead you get reactive over my clearly insensitive and pointed use of the word, "whoops."

although thanks for educating me on the painful and damaging affect the word "whoops" can have on someone. i never realized it could have great impact on someone's mental well-being. for that, i apologize. sincerely.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 01:07 PM)
feel free to cite other examples where i troll through threads looking to prove folks wrong.

the simple fact is you tried to be a smarmy ass and you were wrong. a man could take it in good humor and say you got me on this one. you know, maybe you'd laugh and be happy since javy pitched well and the sox won. instead you get reactive over my clearly insensitive and pointed use of the word, "whoops."

although thanks for educating me on the painful and damaging affect the word "whoops" can have on someone. i never realized it could have great impact on someone's mental well-being. for that, i apologize. sincerely.

And you are getting close to a personal attack there. Please drop this, both of you.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
And you are getting close to a personal attack there. Please drop this, both of you.

my bad. work surliness is seeping into my posting.

anyhow, back on topic, does anyone see this running past thursday or is it something that is naturally going to pass with a few days rest.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
The music = Trollers? Ok.

What about the previous game where I stated the game was over, and took flak from a few posters for making that prediction.

Guess what, Tony? I didn't come back with the adolescent "I told you so!" posts for those who said we were going to win that game when we DID end up losing.

Some of the people here, seriously. Visit the chat sometime, I'm definitely not the only person who feels this way about this place. You guys have more posters who care more about 1-upping people who make false predictions, than they care about the games, or their fellow Sox fans. That's a joke, IMO.

LOL, I wouldnt use the Chat to back up any claim.

What happens in chat, stays in chat