Crede Activated; Wise placed on DL

Kalapse

Ugh, this move pisses me off. The Sox should've called up Broadway instead to help the bullpen.

Honestly, if we had Broadway start the suspended game, then it would've gone a long way to potentially preserving Thornton and Carrasco for other games. Plus, they should've just kept Crede on the DL for a few more days and activate him when rosters expand in september.

Plus, Uribe is way better defensively at 3rd base, Crede had way too many errors before going on the DL. Crede will never be the same player we saw in 2005 ever again.

I would've been much more happier to never see Crede in a White Sox uniform again, good riddance to him.

Hasn't Ozzie already gone on record to say that he will NOT start Joe Crede at right away back at 3B just because he is Joe Crede.... Uribe's play is making Joe earn his everyday job back.

That being said, this move still makes no sense for right now and tonight other than having Crede on the roster for the suspended game over Getz.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Im not so sure about that.

I don't think anyone would argue they want a healthy Crede over a healthy Juan.

I see us working Joe into the lineup, he'll struggle, for a few weeks at least, and then go back on the DL. This is where the concern lies.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
Since Crede is not healthy, and may not completely be healthy ever again, its kind of a moot point

I think anyone who is is jumping on this I hate Joe Creed bandwagon and saying he isn't healthy is not paying attention to medical reports. All reports were that Joe did not have a relapse of the back surgery problem. The injury was something different. We have seen Thome out with back problems, we have seen Linebrink out with back problems et al. It happens. There are some injuries/surgeries that take more time to completely heal. Joe's surgery may fit into this area. Tonight Joe made two web gem plays. Then he is criticized for not hitting. The web gems may have saved a couple runs. That's as good as two RBI's from a hitter. The hitting will come around people. I know we need to have a grand slam homer every at bat for some to support our players, but I'l settle for giving 100%.

Crede is awesome. Who cares if Uribe is having a fluke (and it is a total fluke) stretch of great play. He would have reverted to his usual self soon enough anyway, but thankfully while Crede was out he played above himself which is the best that could have been hoped and now Crede is back as our 3rd baseman and Uribe should be soon back to the bench before the wheels fall off.

/\ We were winning with Uribe courtesy of his glove and bat. I wasn't surprised at all, because he's shown this in the past. It's been said already but Juan lost 2nd to Alexei because he was outplayed, and before Crede went on the DL, a scarecrow could have outplayed him-at least at the plate. Since we don't have a scarecrow, Fields, then Juan were the default options and Juan has earned the spot. Never mind the glove, dude has raised his average like eleventy hundred points. In the middle of a race late in the season, I'm not hoping the Lamb suddenly "finds it" again while Uribe hits doubles, DRAWS WALKS (!), and plays a captivating third base. The debate was Getz, not Juan v. Crede. Getz is gone, perhaps Crede can spot the starting third baseman from time to time.

Edited by ChiSox35

Uribe has not shown squat in the past except he is a crummy player, especialy offensively. Of course it is surprising he played so well the last few weeks, so surprising it was a total fluke and it would not have lasted. I am grateful he did it, but it would not have continued and glad to have our real starting 3rd baseman back before Uribe reverts to what he really is.