Crede Activated; Wise placed on DL

Kalapse

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
This is bad for the White Sox believe it or not. Uribe has shown that with consistent playing time he can be more than adequate at 3B. I don't want to mess up the good thing we having going...

or, he could be clutch again. the bright side, I guess.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
It's a shame really that Juan needs to lose his job, he's been a stud at 3B for the better part of 5 weeks.

Exactly, there's no reason to stick Crede in and basically put a wrench in the good things uribe's been doing.

Wow, I really never, EVER, thought I'd be wanting more Juan Uribe PT.

There really should be no adjustment period for Joe, no 0-4 games with an error and 4 awful ABs, either he's ready to play everyday or he's not. This team is a half game up in a tough divisional race and already have a capable 3B on the roster. This is a bad time to be breaking in an injured player, they can't afford a to have a grace period.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
There really should be no adjustment period for Joe, no 0-4 games with an error and 4 awful ABs, either he's ready to play everyday or he's not. This team is a half game up in a tough divisional race and already have a capable 3B on the roster. This is a bad time to be breaking in an injured player, they can't afford a to have a grace period.

Exaaaactly.

Does this even garuntee he will play everyday? Crede hasn't been himself defensively all year, making bad throws, bobbling balls etc.... He was fine in April and May. But he was obviously playing hurt in June, July when he started to struggle offensivley. Are they SURE he is 100%? Because if not, they better put Uribe back there. Because a half-broke Crede is MUCH worse than an offensivley challanged/ phenomal defensive Uribe.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
Does this even garuntee he will play everyday? Crede hasn't been himself defensively all year, making bad throws, bobbling balls etc.... He was fine in April and May. But he was obviously playing hurt in June, July when he started to struggle offensivley. Are they SURE he is 100%? Because if not, they better put Uribe back there. Because a half-broke Crede is MUCH worse than an offensivley challanged/ phenomal defensive Uribe.

Joe Crede is pretty useless off the bench so you have to figure he'll play close to everyday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
Otherwise we would lose him for the rest of that game.

It is to my understanding that if he was still on the DL, we would have been able to replace Crede in the line-up for somebody else such as Getz. I believe Uribe and Ramirez are already in that present game.

When Crede is healthy he is 10x the player Uribe is. Uribe has been great defensively dont get me wrong. Everyone has talked about how "spectacular" he has been, but he is hitting .259 in the last month. Thats not tearing the cover off the ball. If Crede proves he is healthy, he could be very vital to our playoff run.

Anyone who says they would like a healthy Juan over a healthy Joe is ridiculous. In my opinion.

I think Crede may be the key to a great September.

Edited by letsgoarow

In the bottom of the 12th today the scheduled hitters are Quentin/Crede/Anderson

Griffey and Dye are both on the bench.

Uribe PH for Ramirez, so Ramirez is out of action.

Problem is who plays 3B in the top of 12th if Crede can't.... Getz at 2B/Uribe at 3B then Getz has to finish the game.

Crede may be rushed back for one ab in the bottom of the 12th of a tied game.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
In the bottom of the 12th today the scheduled hitters are Quentin/Crede/Anderson

Griffey and Dye are both on the bench.

Uribe PH for Ramirez, so Ramirez is out of action.

Problem is who plays 3B in the top of 12th if Crede can't.... Getz at 2B/Uribe at 3B then Getz has to finish the game.

Crede may be rushed back for one ab in the bottom of the 12th of a tied game.

That's my concern... well not the AB per say, but the glove at the hot corner in a extra inning tied game that means so much to win. You have to figure this game has been circled on the Sox calendar for a long time...a game the fellas certainly are counting on for a big W.