Sarah Palin

YASNY

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
9ui11iani and Palin must not be big fans of his.

The update of the signature makes it even better, and the fact that you are defending it makes it the best. Love it.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
Jesus had "no real responsibilities" ;)

The only thing more ridiculous than that Palin quote on Obama might be Sqwert's sig.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
In case you haven't noticed he attacked the Democratic Presidential nominee on national TV the other day.

Well when you get drummed from your own party, it tends to make you a little bitter. I'm sure you'd have nothing but flowers for Soxtalk if we banned you, you know what I mean?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
The update of the signature makes it even better, and the fact that you are defending it makes it the best. Love it.

The only thing more ridiculous than that Palin quote on Obama might be Sqwert's sig.

I wasn't comparing Obama to Jesus. She crapped all over community organizers to rounds of cheers. Jesus was a community organizer. So was Martin Luther King. So was Ceaser Chavez. Did she think they were worthless figures too?

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Ya got a link so I can read about it myself? TIA.

She may have seem or heard about this story:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...ml?hpid=artslot

It shows a pic of her crossing out the $5 million and putting $3.8 million instead.

Here is the groups budget for 2006.

http://www.guidestar.org/pqShowGsReport.do...mp;npoId=332976

Note the line under revenue from government grants. $1.2 million. It seems like a raise to $3.8 million is a pretty big cut, in government-speak.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
I wasn't comparing Obama to Jesus. She crapped all over community organizers to rounds of cheers. Jesus was a community organizer. So was Martin Luther King. So was Ceaser Chavez. Did she think they were worthless figures too?

I bet if I put "Hitler was a great public speaker" on my signature, you'd get pretty upset. Stupid comparisons are just that, stupid.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
She may have seem or heard about this story:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail...ml?hpid=artslot

It shows a pic of her crossing out the $5 million and putting $3.8 million instead.

Here is the groups budget for 2006.

http://www.guidestar.org/pqShowGsReport.do...mp;npoId=332976

Note the line under revenue from government grants. $1.2 million. It seems like a raise to $3.8 million is a pretty big cut, in government-speak.

Thanks

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)

And if any of them had a R after their names, they wouldn't stand a chance of being elected, to anything.

I'll post this and let you say what you will, but let the dot connecting begin.

1) National Enquirer Palin Affair Rumor - Sarah Palin had an affair with her husband Todd Palin’s business partner

2) Todd Palin's former business partner files an emergency motion to have his divorce papers sealed.

Just keep an eye on this.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Thanks

No prob. I know pols cut programs all the time, but i hate it when i read, about anyone, that they 'cut' a program, when all they did was cut the amount of increase. Now if they say she lowered the funding increase from $5 million to $3.8 million, that's cool. But it is still an increase.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)

1) National Enquirer Palin Affair Rumor - Sarah Palin had an affair with her husband Todd Palin’s business partner

2) Todd Palin's former business partner files an emergency motion to have his divorce papers sealed.

Under most circumstances, I tend to dismiss National Enquirer stories. They do mostly silly, baseless stuff.

But, I said that about the Edwards affair too.

It's probably B.S. But I'll be curious to see if any reputable news sources do anything with it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
It's probably B.S. But I'll be curious to see if any reputable news sources do anything with it.

My personal stance is that his business partner is just trying to keep the media out of their private life because of the NE story and it really isnt much of anything. But interesting one the less.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)

Maybe he just doesn't want his stuff being used as political fodder for anyone? What if it turns out he got divorced because he f***ed a seal and his wife found out? Or maybe he was beating his wife? Or maybe she was beating him? I am sure he wouldn't want the whole damn country knowing that, just because Obamaites want to know.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
Jet for Sale on e-bay... not so true

I got to thinking last night in the vacuum of SoxTalklessness, what reputable government official would ACTUALLY sell government property on e-bay? especially a milti-million dollar jet. That's a stunt if you ask me

You're swatting at flies, ATH. Wow.

I'm surprised to learn she actually put it on Ebay. I thought she was kidding.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
This is the kind of B.S. I was referring to earlier. So McCain made a small misstatement. So Palin may have chosen to use eBay to sell something, which may actually have been a good idea. So the f*** what? How does this relate to McCain or Palin's ability to lead?

:notworthy

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
And if any of them had a R after their names, they wouldn't stand a chance of being elected, to anything.

Okay, give me one republican community organizer that deserves a high ranking public office.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
I bet if I put "Hitler was a great public speaker" on my signature, you'd get pretty upset. Stupid comparisons are just that, stupid.

Well, that statement wouldn't be inaccurate. Technically neither was Big Sqwert's.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
No prob. I know pols cut programs all the time, but i hate it when i read, about anyone, that they 'cut' a program, when all they did was cut the amount of increase. Now if they say she lowered the funding increase from $5 million to $3.8 million, that's cool. But it is still an increase.

No, the question was about funding for special needs kids, not the teen mothers housing question. She dramatically cut programs for special needs schools. I mean, a LOT.

Actual budget figures, all approx:

Pre-Palin FY2007 budget:

FY2005 Actual: $6.9 mil

FY2006 Plan: $7.9 mil

FY2007 Governor: $8.3 mil

Palin's FY2008 budget:

FY2006 Actual: $7.9 mil

FY2007 Plan: $3.2 mil

FY2008 Governor: $3.2 mil

2007:

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/07_OMB/budg...ED/comp2735.pdf

2008: