Sarah Palin

YASNY

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:58 AM)
CNN had a pundit refer to her last night as the ideological heir to George Bush without the baggage of actually being tied to him.

Palin's speech got me excited too. So excited that I did something I swore I wasn't going to do this campaign. I donated to Obama's election warchest.

It also revved me up to do more volunteer work. I'm going to Indiana tomorrow to do some canvassing and whatever else they ask me to do. A lot of my friends and family are equally as excited to help out and donate to the Obama campaign.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)
It also revved me up to do more volunteer work. I'm going to Indiana tomorrow to do some canvassing and whatever else they ask me to do. A lot of my friends and family are equally as excited to help out and donate to the Obama campaign.

Its funny but after McCains speech last night, and watching AHB post, I am ready to give to the McCain camp. It would be my first donation ever.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 08:01 AM)
Its funny but after McCains speech last night, and watching AHB post, I am ready to give to the McCain camp. It would be my first donation ever.

That's good. More peopel should get involved in the process.

I must admit the $10M to $1M rate of donations favoring the Obama campaign since Palin's speech gives me a smile.

Get a journalism degree, learn how to read a teleprompter and have someone write a nice speech for you and poof you get what you saw Wednesday night.

She sounded good but it sounded like a nah nah nah nah speech you hear in school yard telling people I'm rubber your glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

Somehow RSO became a Washington elite???

Being from IL I always liked Obama but I had previously liked McCain and was happy he was the nominee. Now with Palin as his running mate I feel that my intelligence is being attacked by the hollywood void of thought that makes us feel we need to back the cubs, care about Bradgelina, spend $$$$ on designer wares and love the NFL and Grey's Anatomy.

There is a part of me that really feels a little dumber after her speech, I am not sure why.

I would call myself an independent who voted for both Bushes, hated Clinton, but liked both Kerry and Gore. MCCain would have been an option but now I can not even think about it.

Somehow Palin seems like personal attack on my intelligence and I am not sure why. She actaully makes me like Hillary Clinton.

Here is a fact check of Palin's speech. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_.../cvn_fact_check

somewhere near the bottom there is the same article for the Obama/Biden speeches I believe...comparing the 2 articles, Palin's is a lot more of an elaboration.

to be honest...this women and her family are starting to scare the hell out of me...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)

Save your time. Indiana is not going to Obama.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
A new poll shows McCain +2. I wouldnt be so sure.

(To be fair, it's a pollseter I've never heard of before)

Isn't the IN Governor endorsing Obama?

Also I just don't buy into that poll crap...a few months ago I got randomly called and mostly answered pro Democrat. Since then I have been called from the same number like once a week. I don't know what service it was for but I just don't pick up anymore b/c I don’t want a 20 minute questioner.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)

Also I just don't buy into that poll crap...a few months ago I got randomly called and mostly answered pro Democrat. Since then I have been called from the same number like once a week. I don't know what service it was for but I just don't pick up anymore b/c I don�t want a 20 minute questioner.

No he isn't.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)

Also I just don't buy into that poll crap...a few months ago I got randomly called and mostly answered pro Democrat. Since then I have been called from the same number like once a week. I don't know what service it was for but I just don't pick up anymore b/c I don’t want a 20 minute questioner.

Given that My Man Mitch is a Republican, it probably will go to McCain. However, there's a great opportunity to make McCain spend a lot of resources in a state he wouldn't ordinarily focus on.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
Given that My Man Mitch is a Republican, it probably will go to McCain. However, there's a great opportunity to make McCain spend a lot of resources in a state he wouldn't ordinarily focus on.

It's the Obama money headfake. McCain spend where he shouldnt.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
I dunno, McCain has a s***-ton of cash after the convention now.

the point is that from a planning stnad point, they'd much rather pour that money into FL, OH, PA and some MO. But they have to now defend IN, VA, NC, NV, CO, NM, the Dakotas, and Montana.

QUOTE (mreye @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
It's not apathy. It's the truth. Daniels will win again and McCain will win solidly.

As Athomeboy stated elsewhere, the Obama campaign has the resources to force McCain to spend money there and focus less on other swing states. They bled Hillary's campaign in a similar fashion.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
As Athomeboy stated elsewhere, the Obama campaign has the resources to force McCain to spend money there and focus less on other swing states. They bled Hillary's campaign in a similar fashion.

It's also worth noting that in the public financing system, there are limits to how much money you can spend in each state.

Today on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, campaign strategist Rick Davis suggested Palin might never sit down for an interview if, he said, it’s “in our best interest” to keep her away from the media:

DAVIS: We’re going to do whatever we think is the best to win. We have 60 days left and if we think it’s a good idea to go out there and do those shows, we’ll do them.

SCARBOROUGH: Can you avoid it? Meet the Press?

DAVIS: We can afford anything we want to do. … We’re going to do what we think is in our best interest. If that means access to the press, we’ll give it to you.

Translation: She's not ready for the national press, so you cant have her.

Good lord, if she cant handle an interview, how is she going to handle the country????