Ozzie Says Crede May Be Out for the Year

clyons

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
I dont think Juan has the range that Joe Crede does. Joe makes stops that Juan simply cannot make. Juan is a very good defensive 3B, but Crede seemed to come up with that diving stop, or short hopper exactly when it was needed. Outside of that, he didnt bring much to the plate this year though. 3B is an obvious hole on this team.

You are talking about seasons past. At no point in this season has Joe Crede's defense at 3B been better than Juan Uribe's defense at 3B.

This team was rolling before Crede came back, and then slowed as he adjusted, and now he's out.

Him coming back and being thrown right into the lineup, which I complained about at the time, probably cost this team 3 games considering how it messed up the good vibes.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
You are talking about seasons past. At no point in this season has Joe Crede's defense at 3B been better than Juan Uribe's defense at 3B.

No, I still think Joe has made plays Juan cant this season. He's had some uncharacteristic errors, but I still think his defense has been good. He excels at stopping plays at the right time, doubles down the line, shots in the hole, tough in between hops. Its just something he always does IMO.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 4, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
No, I still think Joe has made plays Juan cant this season. He's had some uncharacteristic errors, but I still think his defense has been good. He excels at stopping plays at the right time, doubles down the line, shots in the hole, tough in between hops. Its just something he always does IMO.

I agree that Crede has more range to his sides than Uribe, but Crede has been absolutely terrible on tough in-between hops this season. He has no confidence on those plays. Uribe is fantastic on plays like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
I agree that Crede has more range to his sides than Uribe, but Crede has been absolutely terrible on tough in-between hops this season. He has no confidence on those plays. Uribe is fantastic on plays like that.

We are royally f***ed at 3B after this season. Uribe shouldnt be a starter and Josh Fields looks like the next coming of Joe Borchard at this point.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
This team was rolling before Crede came back, and then slowed as he adjusted, and now he's out.

Him coming back and being thrown right into the lineup, which I complained about at the time, probably cost this team 3 games considering how it messed up the good vibes.

I called the crap out of that one.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)

I would call it as much of Crede coming back as CQ being hurt, and the pen sucking...