Greg Walker

Winning Ugly

Ever since we brought up Walker to be the hitting coach, nothing has changed except for Thomas when he plays first.

Konerko still can't hit.

Crede is sinking lower and lower.

Maggs is underachieving a bit.

Lee still grounding into DPs.

Olivo has been pitiful after his grand slam against the Cubbies. Thank God his D makes up for that some.

Walker needs to get his ass in gear and ship these boys into shape. Obviously he needs a new approach.

Walker needs to get his ass in gear and ship these boys into shape. Obviously he needs a new approach.

I think the team needs to pull their heads' from their asses. You can only blame the coach for so long. While I agree that I hoped the change would do the team good, when two coaches with different approaches can't change anything, you have to look at the players.

Ever since we brought up Walker to be the hitting coach, nothing has changed except for Thomas when he plays first.

Konerko still can't hit.

Olivo has been pitiful after his grand slam against the Cubbies. Thank God his D makes up for that some.

wow, this sounds like a kenblanks post if I ever heard one...

Von Joshua, Gary Ward, Greg Walker, it seems highly unlikely to me that all 3 of these men are incompetent when it comes to coaching hitting. Still none of them could get much of anything resembling consistency out of this Sox offensive juggernaut. Some of the players have changed, the coaches have changed, maybe its time to change something else...COUGH WHEEZE JERRY MANUEL COUGH.

The problem isn't Greg Walker. This team has always had problems with GIDPs, so a few months with Walker isn't going to cure it. I feel the problem, other than the obvious no hitting, is Jerry Manuel. I turn on the game last night and see Valentin up. Next up was Sandy. I couldn't believe it. This guy never has the same lineup! What in hell is Valentin doing in the 8 spot?? Why move Maggs from clean up? Pick a lineup and stick with it! After sweeping the Twins the bats go a little silent, but still bounce back in the last game of the Rays series, and this guy is pushing the panic button and completely overhauling the lineup. He needs to go in a bad way.

The problem isn't Greg Walker. This team has always had problems with GIDPs, so a few months with Walker isn't going to cure it. I feel the problem, other than the obvious no hitting, is Jerry Manuel. I turn on the game last night and see Valentin up. Next up was Sandy. I couldn't believe it. This guy never has the same lineup! What in hell is Valentin doing in the 8 spot?? Why move Maggs from clean up? Pick a lineup and stick with it! After sweeping the Twins the bats go a little silent, but still bounce back in the last game of the Rays series, and this guy is pushing the panic button and completely overhauling the lineup. He needs to go in a bad way.

It's a no win situation for JM. Do nothing and any f***ing person can do nothing while the ship sinks, tinker and that's the problem. Bottom line after the first inning you may be batting anywhere in the order. Be ready to do what the situation calls for. Oops wrong team. Swing for the fences every chance you get.

If your going to blame coaches, go directly to the source and blame Jerry Manuel.

Its hard for guys to know their roles when he never tells them to them. I have no problem mixing around a lineup every once in a while, but have a system to it, not just what mood am I in today.

I could see having a different lineup if Rowand or Harris is in center (Putting them in the 2 hole) but to have a new lineup every day no matter what is ridiculous.

You can't blame a hitting coach for the way this team is going.

At some point, these PROFESSIONAL players need to look in the mirror and realize that THEY are the ones at fault. Putting the blame elsewhere is simply the easy way out.

Don't blame Greg Walker or any other hitting coach we've had. We aren't getting the job done, it's as simple as that. Until the Sox players decide to suck it up and respond to this slump, consider us just another team.

Guest hotsoxchick1
If Jimmie J.J. Walker was the Sox hitting coach, the offense would be dyn-O-mite

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...i guess thats one way of lookin at it.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
whip.gif

My nominee for the Sox new manager.

I'll do it!

sad thing about it is we can all do it and do it better............me thinks we need to send jm a new managers 101 book........take all of our best comments and put it in there for him to learn from.........we'd see a complete 360 from this team.............

Konerko still can't hit.

We can only go through so many hitting coaches. Can't blame Crede and Olivo, they're still learning to play at the major league level.

For the rest of them there is no excuses.

CWSOX45

whip.gif

I'll do it!

sad thing about it is we can all do it and do it better............me thinks we need to send jm a new managers 101 book........take all of our best comments and put it in there for him to learn from.........we'd see a complete 360 from this team.............

Or we could just appoint you manager, let you loose in the clubhouse, flip some tables, and cuss a time or two.

That might do the trick! After all Jerry's not going to do that, someone has to! :D

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
whip.gif

I'll do it!

Or we could just appoint you manager, let you loose in the clubhouse, flip some tables, and cuss a time or two.

That might do the trick! After all Jerry's not going to do that, someone has to! :D

CWSOX45

id do more than flip a few tables... id toss a few bats and kick the s*** out of a few people...........hows that for effective managing........

Guest wsc425

I am questioning team chemistry.

What is "the clubhouse", and what is the importance of it? Team Chemistry, eh...its the talent level IMO. :huh: :o

whip.gif

I'll do it!

CWSOX45

id do more than flip a few tables... id toss a few bats and kick the s*** out of a few people...........hows that for effective managing........

Would you call the players b****es?

whip.gif

I'll do it!

CWSOX45

The difference would be that the players would be her b****es. :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
whip.gif

I'll do it!

CWSOX45

id call them alot more than just b****es, that would be the least of their worries... id print off heathers dumbassb****es thread and read each and every word to them..... then add a few of my own to it.........ha ha .... if i were running that clubhouse there would be serious hell to pay for this crappy ball playing they are doing thats for sure.......... :headbang