9/18 Sox vs. Bombers - 6:05 pm, WGN

The Ginger Kid

Unbelievable. Adam Everett pulls back on the bunt attempt and hits a double over Zobrist.

No way.

Well, it's not like the Rays would rather face the Twins than the Sox. They have many things to play for here. The Rays own the Sox, especially on turf.

The Rays were 77-1 when leading after 8 coming into that game. Like the 2006 Twins.

Now 77-2. Amazing. Funny, too. Because the other blown game was the one against the White Sox on the controversial AJ baserunning play.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, fading out of the playoffs after leading the entire season will do wonders for our season ticket sales.

Caulfield why would you care about that? No disrespect but who gives a f*** about season tix sales. If we do not make the playoffs, it will be a major disappointment that will take us all a while to get over. The injuries will be the excuse that will ultimately pacify us all. CQ might have made a difference. Losing 3 of 4 in NY was not good but hardly unexpected. Losing 2 of 3 or all 3 to KC would really suck but who cares if it affects tix sales. Let Jerry worry bout that.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
When we get some distance from this season, especially considering the CQ injury, i think there's no way to look at that season as other than a positive.

We got some young studs that we didnt expect from what was to be a geriatric team. I'm talking CQ, Alexei, Floyd, Danks.

If some of the older guys can produce next year, we'll still be looking good in this division. I dont know that i want all the older guys around, but i dont want a total rebuild either since we were such a power hitting team this yr.

It's just so disappointing to lose a pennant race AGAIN to the Twins. You just have a feeling we're going down, and there's nothing we can do about it. If we still have the lead by the time we go into Minny and accept our bloodbath I'll be surprised. We'll probably get swept in KC

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
It's just so disappointing to lose a pennant race AGAIN to the Twins. You just have a feeling we're going down, and there's nothing we can do about it. If we still have the lead by the time we go into Minny and accept our bloodbath I'll be surprised. We'll probably get swept in KC

Twins fans have been feeling the same thing until tonight. It aint over.

Also, we cant really think that we'll look back on this year as --we blew a 7 game lead in the division.

We were even w/ them the whole year, it's one of those that won't hurt long term. In the present, it woudl hurt a great deal. That I dont disagree with.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
Caulfield why would you care about that? No disrespect but who gives a f*** about season tix sales. If we do not make the playoffs, it will be a major disappointment that will take us all a while to get over. The injuries will be the excuse that will ultimately pacify us all. CQ might have made a difference. Losing 3 of 4 in NY was not good but hardly unexpected. Losing 2 of 3 or all 3 to KC would really suck but who cares if it affects tix sales. Let Jerry worry bout that.

Because I don't want to spend the rest of my life seeing the Twins win the AL Central with inferior talent but better fundamentals. The Twins and Royals are just going to get better and better, and the Tigers and Indians won't be any worse next year either.

If they win, that would be five titles in seven years...the White Sox would have just two in nine years. There's simply no excuse for that with the type of budget the White Sox have.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
Because I don't want to spend the rest of my life seeing the Twins win the AL Central with inferior talent but better fundamentals. The Twins and Royals are just going to get better and better, and the Tigers and Indians won't be any worse next year either.

If they win, that would be five titles in seven years...the White Sox would have just two in nine years. There's simply no excuse for that with the type of budget the White Sox have.

In the last seven years, the Sox have more to celebrate than the Twins. Consider their side of this thing. No one wants to be the Bills. Cept they're not even getting there.

Also i dont see the Royals on an upward trajectory, myself.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)

No excuse is right. You look at all the games we lost in the last 4 weeks where we were ok with bringing in Horacio or Wasserman and now you know every game counts. We will get swept in Minnesota most likely so do the math on what we need to do win this division. f*** next year I am sick of watching a whole season just to see them finish off like a bunch of pussies.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
In the last seven years, the Sox have more to celebrate than the Twins. Consider their side of this thing. No one wants to be the Bills. Cept they're not even getting there.

Also i dont see the Royals on an upward trajectory, myself.

I don't agree with that 100%. I would rather be a Braves' fan and have a run of sustained excellence than be a Marlins' fan, see 2 World Series win and two teams torn apart due to baseball economics.

Wow, we have a 1.5 game lead against a team that just showed life for the first time in a month, that has three more games at the third best team in baseball, and the best home team in baseball, while we have three games at the third worst team in the AL, whose only two good pitchers wont face us, and this board sounds like the whole season is over....I mean, come on, I know, our chances in the playoffs are slim, but we are still in the drivers seat to win the division, when at the beginning of the year, no one picked us higher than third.....enjoy the pennant race and have some fun with the game of baseball!!!!!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
Wow, we have a 1.5 game lead against a team that just showed life for the first time in a month, that has three more games at the third best team in baseball, and the best home team in baseball, while we have three games at the third worst team in the AL, whose only two good pitchers wont face us, and this board sounds like the whole season is over....I mean, come on, I know, our chances in the playoffs are slim, but we are still in the drivers seat to win the division, when at the beginning of the year, no one picked us higher than third.....enjoy the pennant race and have some fun with the game of baseball!!!!!

Thanks for the perspective. It's important for us to remember that we still have the advantage. Would we rather be in the Twins' position?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 03:32 AM)

No, we're really not. Not with the 3 games looming at Minnesota. Anything less than a 1 game lead going there, and we're in a lot of trouble. You can throw KC's record out the window, as they're playing great, carefree baseball. It's pretty simple...if you can't score runs, you won't win.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
No, we're really not. Not with the 3 games looming at Minnesota. Anything less than a 1 game lead going there, and we're in a lot of trouble. You can throw KC's record out the window, as they're playing great, carefree baseball. It's pretty simple...if you can't score runs, you won't win.

Yup. KC is hot now. Winners of 7 straight I believe. We look like we are waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 2 out of 3 in KC. I hope to GOD we sweep. Tomorrow is a big game to see what our demeanor and approach are.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)

KC may be playing great baseball now, but their last four wins were against a Seattle team that threw in the towel 4 months ago..

Everyone seems to think that we dont stand a chance to even win one game at the Twinkie dome, which I disagree with, but as you said, if you cant score runs, you won't win, and we really need to start hitting, cause getting runners on base means nothing when you just strand them inning after inning...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
I don't agree with that 100%. I would rather be a Braves' fan and have a run of sustained excellence than be a Marlins' fan, see 2 World Series win and two teams torn apart due to baseball economics.

Sustained excellence for a thousand years and 1 ring is still 999 failures. I'll take the ring and a division champ every couple years over being swept in the playoffs every year like the Twins do.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I hope the twins win was just a fluke, and they'll drop the next three while we win at least 2. Who knows what will happen, but that series in Minny (if we're +/- 1 G) is gonna be the most exciting series since that one back in october of '05.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
No, we're really not. Not with the 3 games looming at Minnesota.

Everyone acts like we've already lost all three at Minnesota.

The pressure is still on them. Both teams have been horrible. They're still down.

I swear to you they are not dancing in the streets over that Twins team based on today alone.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)

Nicely done.

Not that this team is that one, but the same mindset was around then too.

Ya know...I'm sick to f***in' death of scoreboard watching. I honestly don't give a crap what the Twins do at this point and if this Sox team can't sac it up and play like they're either in a playoff run or even want it...f*** 'em. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs. They're playin' like a bunch of scared chicken s***'s right now. Show some balls for gods sake.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)

See these are two different things. Marlins and Sox.

Being a Marlins fan could be depressing b/c the organization's mindset (whether fan support causes it or not) would be annoying.

But based on rings alone, how can you prefer 1 to 2 ???