The big series is upon us

greg775

Sox vs. Twins: You make the call  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Sox win at the HumptyDome?

• None, We Get Swept
    • One, We Salvage Uno
    • Two, We Win the Series
    • Three, We Sweep, Pop the Corks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)
OC, Wise and Uribe step up, AJ takes a crap.

Juanito has lost a lot of weight since the start of the season. Might be why he's playing better. I still say he'll leave huge piles of feces at the plate. Then again I think that about him for every game.

I think J Dilla will check nuts and produce.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
how is a team that hasn't swept a home series to a team not named seattle suddenly going to sweep a home series?

aren't we 1-5 there? meaning a 1-2 series, and an 0-3 series

0-3 = swept, hence theyv'e swept a home series vs us this year

CQ will step up. Oh wait, he would have stepped up if not for the wrist.

The key to the series is Dye, Thome, AJP, Konerko, Javy and Mark the vets. It's their team. They should hold a team meeting of just those six guys. Do they want the postseason or not? Strange as it sounds, I'm sure some big leaguers would just as soon have it all be over. I think those six have balls.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 02:01 AM)
aren't we 1-5 there? meaning a 1-2 series, and an 0-3 series

0-3 = swept, hence theyv'e swept a home series vs us this year

Nope, that series was a 1-3 loss, but certainly not a sweep. Close. There's a one game difference between the teams this year overall, very even.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 05:30 AM)
Nope, that series was a 1-3 loss, but certainly not a sweep. Close. There's a one game difference between the teams this year overall, very even.

Gotcha, but we did play a short two-game series against the twins at the Dome this year, and lost both games

Tue 4/29 @MIN 3, CWS 1

Wed 4/30 @MIN 4, CWS 3

I really don't know whether I should be nervous, excited, scared, or confident right now. I'm gonna say Sox take two out of three. It will be interesting to see if Ozzie calling out Javy makes a difference. I think it will.

I want to be on my couch with beer in hand watching the game RIGHT NOW.

I guess the games this late in the season were meaningful in '05 - the Sox clinched with 3 games to go- but since I was in Australia / New Zealand at the time, I missed it. So this will be my first last-week-of-the-season big series as a Sox fan. They still have never played a meaningful Game 162 in my lifetime - although I hope that continues this year b/c the Sox clinch no later than Friday.

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
Yeah, but he has over a .300 career average at the Metrodome.

If anybody is immune to the virus the team seems to catch up there it should be him.

i'd love to see him step it up. i don't know - just not holding out much hope for this series, i guess. not a good sign when you've got guys like OC saying this team doesn't act like it's in first, guys like AJ saying some guys play scared in the dome, Ozzie having to throw down the smack to motivate one of his most talented pitchers, and Konerko saying it's no big deal if they have a bad series, as if he's preparing himself for it already. Not feeling the mojo, i guess you'd say.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
i'd love to see him step it up. i don't know - just not holding out much hope for this series, i guess. not a good sign when you've got guys like OC saying this team doesn't act like it's in first, guys like AJ saying some guys play scared in the dome, Ozzie having to throw down the smack to motivate one of his most talented pitchers, and Konerko saying it's no big deal if they have a bad series, as if he's preparing himself for it already. Not feeling the mojo, i guess you'd say.

Good points. I think there will be alot more mojo to pass around if we win tonight.

But it's hard to feel confident giving our history in that house of horrors.

If the Twins put together another of their patented gork-shot and infield hit rallies late in the game, I may end up needing a new TV this week.

i don't know - just not holding out much hope for this series, i guess. not a good sign when you've got guys like OC saying this team doesn't act like it's in first, guys like AJ saying some guys play scared in the dome, Ozzie having to throw down the smack to motivate one of his most talented pitchers, and Konerko saying it's no big deal if they have a bad series, as if he's preparing himself for it already. Not feeling the mojo, i guess you'd say.

I'm not feeling it either just because.

But even though KC is truly horrible, they had won seven in a row before we went there and won 2 of 3. So maybe we're playing better on the road?? maybe.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
I'm not feeling it either just because.

But even though KC is truly horrible, they had won seven in a row before we went there and won 2 of 3. So maybe we're playing better on the road?? maybe.

Or maybe we were just fortunate not to have to beat Meche, Greinke and Davies somehow.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
If we take the first one, then we take one more, for two total. If the first one is a loss, we don't win any.

I am sorry I was right. I wish I were wrong. I feel like the last 9 hours of baseball i have watched were wasted hours. And I hate the Twins. I hope that ballpark rots in hell.