This isn't over

HeGone33

Let down three days straight but yet, this still isn't over and I refuse to give up. All the pecismists go ahead and give me a million reasons to give up but until the Twins clinch I refuse. I'll kick it off by being at tomorrow's game to give these guys support. I never expected to even be this close at this time, and at least I can be thankful to have important games this time a year.

That being said:

1. Twins have not swept Kansas at home this year.

2. Sox have swept Cleveland at home this year.

3. Sox are great at home, Twins swept at home when it mattered why can't we?

4. Freddie Garcia would pitch Monday.

5. Odds of Twins winning six in a row.

6. Im a Sox fan, I believe.

:gosoxretro:

I'm ALWAYS optimistic, but for the first time I have SERIOUS doubts. A team with a ton of momentum facing KC; a team with no heart, no soul and their heads seemingly literally up their asses facing Cleveland... outlook = not good. We'll literally need a miracle.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
This team is too old and tired. The gas ran out along time ago. The Twins are younger and actually know how to play baseball.

Keith Law says the twins are just lucky. Look, say what you want but we are better than the Twins. This whole "they hit will with RISP just look at their BARISP" is a load of crap. You know who is near the top in BARISP? The Pirates.

I still think the Royals will be tough up there. Face it, KC has more speed than us. And Liriano still is not the same guy he was a couple years ago.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
I'm ALWAYS optimistic, but for the first time I have SERIOUS doubts. A team with a ton of momentum facing KC; a team with no heart, no soul and their heads seemingly literally up their asses facing Cleveland... outlook = not good. We'll literally need a miracle.

Uggh, the "heart and soul" argument. How do you measure it. We have played piss poor on the road all year, im kinda suprized people are shocked by this outcome. Either way, they are tied in the loss column. I just wish we could have made up that Tigers game sooner.

There is never a doubt I will give my full support to the team regardless of where they are in te standings. But there's no swagger in the team right now and it's palpable enough that you can physically feel it. There were fleeting 2005-type moments this season where you knew the guys on the field never gave up and never believed they couldn't come back and win. That's just not there right now, and this is THE TIME they need to find it if the potential mountain in front of them is winning 5 in a row to finish out the year.

I already have tickets to the first home games at Tropicana for the ALDS, and I really hope it's my White Sox coming to play my wife's Rays. It's just become monumentally harder to get there by not managing to scrape out a single game at Minny.

Here is another way to look at this in a positive way:

Had we won tonight and been 1.5 games up, our magic number would have been 3.

That being said.

1. Everyone expected us to lose to Cliff Lee

2. Everyone expects Minn to sweep KC

In this case, we would still need to play the DET game and I'll take my chances on having to do that still and beating Minn on Tuesday.

Key is we have to beat Lee.

Or, as I believe win 2 out of 3 cause I can't see Minn winning 6 in a row.

Edited by HeGone33

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
Yeah, but if we won one this series and were 1.5 up, two Sox wins and just one lousy Twins loss and we wouldn't even have to bother with the Tigers make up game. Just woulda' been sooo much better for my sanity.

I hear ya, but even if your scenario plays out, at least we still get that game. Which is the point to this thread, it isn't over.................

Agreed with everything except the Garcia part. I could see us failing laughably there. In fact, thinking about it right now I actually lol'd at how it would look/feel to earn that makeup game only for Garcia to tell us to sit the f*** down. That would be as fitting an end to this season as going nuts and sweeping the playoffs, and winning all 4 WS games within city limits.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (chisoxdavid @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
Hey the last time we made the playoffs we clinched in the final series vs Cleveland, why not have history repeat itself? I bet many here were hitting the panic button same way they are now, we just gotta believe...cue the music...

No we didn't, we clinched in Detroit.

Here's the positive spin and hope thought.

The Twins just shot their load and are smoking a cigarette. There is hope of a let down. The Sox maybe loosen up and good things happen.

me neither, but we can dream.