Something i was thinking about ........

spataro51

I was sittng at the game last night in my seats when of course while the bullpen and especially moe larry and curly (mcdougal, whasserman, ramirez) where in their not wanting to throw strikes and instead throwing wild pitches and hitting batters and of course walking guys. I realized something......the problem we were left with after the grifffey trade was not having a "nick masset " in our bullpen that could come in and legitimately be are long man out of the pen. I know he wasn't a cy young out there but i would of rather of seen nick come in instead of the rotating doors of the pen with moe larry and curly because one of our starters leaves the game early. dj was good up to a point, when the pressure has been he hasn't produced. their is a reason he was picked in the 27th round back in 97. what are your guys thoughts? Did the griffey trade come back to sort of bite us in the end?

I for one think that Wasserman, MacDougal, and Carrasco might of had a bet with each other as to how many balls they can throw. That was brutal last night. It seemed like they were trying to suck. I haven't seen that many pitchers walk that many batters in that kind of fashion in a long time.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
Didn't Masset always get rocked by the Indians?

Like when he got rocked on opening day where he threw like 4 innings of shutout relief to keep us in the game? Yeah, I remember that...

I hate Joe Morgan. Back in late June, he said the Sox bullpen was the BEST EVER. Look what's happened. It's 2007 all over again.

What's funny is that all the guys from 07 sucked last night. MacDougal actually did get outs, but yeah...he kind of walked 3 batters and hit another.

I felt bad for Ozzie yesterday to tell you the truth. But in that situation, where the hell was Adam Russell? At least he can throw strikes more consistently than the three guys Ozzie put out there yesterday to suck.

The offense wanted to get us back in first, but the pitching resisted. These last two days have been two of the worst days in my life as a White Sox fan. I started throwing s*** around after Garko hit the slam.