Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dye and Ramirez have hit Kazmir this year, and historically Konerko has gotten to him.

Cabrera, Thome, Swisher, AJ, and Anderson (0-6, 5k's) have no chance.

Amongst regulars on the team OPS against LHP:

Dye: .917

Ramirez: .869

Thome: .858

Konerko: .825

Uribe: .790

AJ: .771

Cabrera: .754

Griffey:.649

This doesn't look like a favorable matchup at all.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
thought they struggled against lefties? ah, must be lefties not named Mark Buehrle:

APR19: 7IP, 12H, 5 ER

JUN01: 6IP, 7H, 3 ER

gross, we need to hope our hitters show up against kazmir

The only near-certainty coming into this series was Javier.

I remember writing about Danks' history against the Twins, and obviously, all of that was thrown out the window with the adrenaline of pitching in the playoffs/post-season. Same reason we see Jenks look like a monster when he's very hittable during the regular season.

I think MB will be fine. It's just a question of which Kazmir shows up (not unlike the VP Debate last night)...and whether our offense can manufacture any runs or not without the homerun ball.

It would be, for about the 1,000,000th time, nice to have Carlos Quentin to use against Kazmir. Oh, well. I don't want him coming back too early and re-injuring himself.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
thought they struggled against lefties? ah, must be lefties not named Mark Buehrle:

APR19: 7IP, 12H, 5 ER

JUN01: 6IP, 7H, 3 ER

gross, we need to hope our hitters show up against kazmir

Wait quality starts are gross now?

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)
I would like Swisher/BA today

+1 my man. I agree, at least Swisher in the 2nd spot. I can make a ton of excuses for Swisher, ie, playing a new position, his style is a way better fit at the top of an order, etc, but he sucked this year outside of June and August. However, even with him sucking he still took a lot of pitches. With Q out they need someone other than Thome who you can count on seeing a lot of pitches. Enough with the Wise crap, he is a 30 year old career minor leaguer for a reason

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
I think too many people are blowing the Wise/Swisher thing out of proportion. You'd think the argument was Royce Clayton over Mickey Mantle.

I see your point, but it kind of sums up a lot of my frustration with Ozzie. Swisher is the better player. Wise contributed a ton a few weeks ago, but he is not the best option with all things considered. I will anxiously await the lineup at roughly 3

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:45 AM)
+1 my man. I agree, at least Swisher in the 2nd spot. I can make a ton of excuses for Swisher, ie, playing a new position, his style is a way better fit at the top of an order, etc, but he sucked this year outside of June and August. However, even with him sucking he still took a lot of pitches. With Q out they need someone other than Thome who you can count on seeing a lot of pitches. Enough with the Wise crap, he is a 30 year old career minor leaguer for a reason

Agreed! Swisher, while he's looked at strike 3 many times, even in clutch situations, it's usually a 3-2 count and he's fouled a few off. He usually sees lots of pitches and should start at the top of the order.

:gosox1:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
I think too many people are blowing the Wise/Swisher thing out of proportion. You'd think the argument was Royce Clayton over Mickey Mantle.

Did you know that Mickey Mantle could run to first in one second.

I need this win, im taking TOO much s***. A lot of the Ray's played in Montgomery for us the last 2 seasons, so EVERYONE here is a Rays fan now. THIS SUCKS lol

Im rocking my sox gear today though. I need a win for bragging rights here.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
I need this win, im taking TOO much s***. A lot of the Ray's played in Montgomery for us the last 2 seasons, so EVERYONE here is a Rays fan now. THIS SUCKS lol

Im rocking my sox gear today though. I need a win for bragging rights here.

so wait, you work for the rays but are rooting for the sox? i give you alot of respect for stayin true to your heart....

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)
so wait, you work for the rays but are rooting for the sox? i give you alot of respect for stayin true to your heart....

I work for the Montgomery Biscuits. So i know a lot of the guys for Tampa. David Price, Longoria, Perez, etc... David Price is one of the nicest guys ive ever met, i can only wish him the best.

I will root for the Rays if we get eliminated, but i can NEVER go against my sox!

I was actually able to talk to Loaiza this year too which was super cool. Bobby also had a rehab here.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
I work for the Montgomery Biscuits. So i know a lot of the guys for Tampa. David Price, Longoria, Perez, etc... David Price is one of the nicest guys ive ever met, i can only wish him the best.

I will root for the Rays if we get eliminated, but i can NEVER go against my sox!

I was actually able to talk to Loaiza this year too which was super cool. Bobby also had a rehab here.

who names a team the Biscuits...