Rex Kickass

Who won tonight's debate?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who won tonight's VP debate?

• Joe Biden
    • Sarah Palin
    • Nobody
    • People watching the Cubs/Dodgers game

Palin claimed McCain’s health care plan would be “budget neutral,” costing the government nothing. Independent budget experts estimate McCain's plan would cost tens of billions each year, though details are too fuzzy to allow for exact estimates.

Close enough though, right? :lolhitting

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the debate last week and the debate last night, I am confident now, more than ever, that Barack Obama is the next president of the united states. He torched McCain last week, and while Palin "held her own", she did nothing to reverse McCain's downward spiral. She may have stabilized it, but in no way turned it around.

I just dont get Palin supporters, and I want someone who is really into politics on this site to help me out. If god forbid something happens to McCain if elected, Palin is your pres, are you really comfortable with that? Do you really feel good about her talking about her Mayorship and hockey mom stories to foreign leaders? The VP has some large responsibilities worldwide and I, for one, dont feel that comfortable with her representing and making decisions for this country.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
I just dont get Palin supporters, and I want someone who is really into politics on this site to help me out. If god forbid something happens to McCain if elected, Palin is your pres, are you really comfortable with that? Do you really feel good about her talking about her Mayorship and hockey mom stories to foreign leaders? The VP has some large responsibilities worldwide and I, for one, dont feel that comfortable with her representing and making decisions for this country.

The GOP has LOVED Bush for years. Only recently have they turned on him after he became unpopular. She's the female Bush.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)

You betcha.

No, I honestly really dont

Edit: However, I am much more comfortable with McCain over Obama. I know that wasnt the question, I just wanted to clarify.

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
A post in the other thread reminded me -- did anyone else catch Biden's heavy sigh when she resorted back to some completely off-topic energy response about half way through?

He sighed a lot (or someone did) whenever she would get a folksy/cliche track. I was a bit concerned about how that would come off--until I realized I was doing the exact same thing.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:32 AM)
He sighed a lot (or someone did) whenever she would get a folksy/cliche track. I was a bit concerned about how that would come off--until I realized I was doing the exact same thing.

If there is such thing as a good sigh and a bad one, that was a good one. It would have been worse if he was sighing because he disagreed with her positions. She was just blatantly avoiding questions and using the same talking points. She doesn't even know what the term "Achille's heal" means for crying out loud.

Edited by BigSqwert

The religious right types love her socially conservative stances, where she is further right than McCain. Some people probably fall for her folksy schtick, and think she's actually somehow a "Joe Six Pack". Yet others are simply interested in seeing an outsider in there.

Palin is awful IMO, just to be clear. But I was trying to identify the reasons I've seen so far for why people like her.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
A post in the other thread reminded me -- did anyone else catch Biden's heavy sigh when she resorted back to some completely off-topic energy response about half way through?

You're right, holy s***... I thought that was the sound of one of my cats hissing at the other again, but it didn't sound right.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
If there is such thing as a good sigh and a bad one, that was a good one. It would have been worse if he was sighing because he disagreed with her positions. She was just blatantly avoiding questions and using the same talking points. She doesn't even know what the term "Achille's heal" means for crying out loud.

Didnt a similar question come up in the Obama / Clinton / Edwards debate? I remember Edwards saying something folksy about Obama's answer.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
No, I honestly really dont

Edit: However, I am much more comfortable with McCain over Obama. I know that wasnt the question, I just wanted to clarify.

That's a 100% reasonable stance to have and needs no justification btw.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:20 AM)
After watching the debate last week and the debate last night, I am confident now, more than ever, that Barack Obama is the next president of the united states. He torched McCain last week, and while Palin "held her own", she did nothing to reverse McCain's downward spiral. She may have stabilized it, but in no way turned it around.

I don't think Obama torched McCain.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)
i like mccain, but if he is elected i hope the secret service force is like quadrupled to protect the guy...heaven forbid something should happen to him

You can't exactly miniaturize the Secret Service and have them protect him from his own body.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
The right is going to be really pissed at her answer last night that she supports equal rights for homosexuals.

And homosexuals are going to be pissed that no one wants them to get married.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 09:54 AM)
i like mccain, but if he is elected i hope the secret service force is like quadrupled to protect the guy...heaven forbid something should happen to him

When people talk about Palin being close to the White House it isnt because of assassination concerns, its because of his age. McCain isnt the candidate the Secret Service is worried about protecting IMO.

QUOTE (sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 12:14 PM)
And homosexuals are going to be pissed that no one wants them to get married.

And I'm pissed that marriage is even regulated at all by the government. Marriage is a religious idea--civil unions are the legal idea. Let's leave marriage to the church.